Egg Bowl Economics

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
The money we spend on recruiting is embarrassingly low. We overachieve for what we spend, but what if we had another $1Million to invest? One of the many things Cohen sucked at was bringing in revenue. It looks like the new AD is bringing in some new blood and making it a priority.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
The money we spend on recruiting is embarrassingly low. We overachieve for what we spend, but what if we had another $1Million to invest? One of the many things Cohen sucked at was bringing in revenue. It looks like the new AD is bringing in some new blood and making it a priority.
You're right, he wasn't a good marketer/fund-raiser. But he did hire some good coaches (about half the time).

But even still, trying to fund-raise our way out of this isn't the only answer. We have to maximize this - sure. But we also have to get creative with our strategies for all the athletic programs, and Cohen DID do this. I didn't always agree with his views but he picked a plan and stuck with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ranchdawg

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
You're right, he wasn't a good marketer/fund-raiser. But he did hire some good coaches (about half the time).

But even still, trying to fund-raise our way out of this isn't the only answer. We have to maximize this - sure. But we also have to get creative with our strategies for all the athletic programs, and Cohen DID do this. I didn't always agree with his views but he picked a plan and stuck with it.
I agree. It was my understanding that he was a " coaches coach" . The other ADs in the league knew him and had high praise for him before he became our AD. Our ADs have become hot commodities because they have to do more with less. Knowing this Zac Selmon signed on. I actually believe he will be the best AD of the last 4 so I'm expecting big things from him. Cohen did improve the overall health of our athletics department. My wife and I enjoy soccer, volleyball, softball, golf, football, baseball and both basketball teams. Cohen made them all priorities.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

You are right. It’s gonna take a good plan that is diverse (not focused on just one thing like money or hires or hard work or creativity; but comprehensive).

Then follow the plan. Tweak where/when needed.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
And somewhere there's an AD saying "why do we need to spend this 17ing much on recruiting ? Look at what State does with a third as much".

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
What do mean if we had another million? We cleared over $12MM last year. Of which several million went back to the education side. We just refuse to give a **** about winning in athletics. It's like the 6 pack runs our athletic dept.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Arnett, while working on a STATE DC Salary kicked Kitten's high dollar azz up twingst the shoulders in the Egg Bowl. Loved watching Kitten sulk post game over Arnett's "unconventional" D that stomped his O in the dirt.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login