Ellis say that performance & game plan was innexcusable

jackbaddawg

Nov 16, 2005
<font face="Tahoma" size="2">Can Stansbury get Mississippi State to the next level? It won't happen this year if MSU isn't more prepared for Oregon than it was for Georgia. That performance, as well as the game plan, was inexcusable.

Again, in the regular season, his resume shines brightly, even if it doesn't boast any coach of the year honors. Four Western Division crowns and an impressive overall title in 2004.

Those type of accolades say the man can coach, and that he's not just a great recruiter.

But to really stand out, the "Achievements" category is going to have to include a Sweet 16.

Fair? Maybe, maybe not.

But it's definitely reality.</font>

MissStFan87

Feb 15, 2007

</p>

dawgball

Aug 29, 2006
They're all 6 Packers. In response to Ellis' article:

</p>
<cite><font color="#0066CC" size="2">jaybirdms</font></cite> Says:
<small class="commentmetadata"><font color="#0066CC">March 18, 2008 at 8:42 am</font></small></p> <p class="alt">Your column today had a six-pack feel to it. I bet most of those guys loved it.</p>

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
"If you want sugar coating, got to Gene's Page."

That won't gain Greg any fans on Swan Lake but it was funny to see that in there.

"They think that none of our coaches are any good. Of course, Gregg says that Stans is a good regular season coach. A real six-packer would never say something like that."

Uh, we had a poll on here recently and the majority voted Stans a good coach. Don't let facts get in the way of your opinion that the SixPack is the devil.

Hanmudog

Apr 30, 2006
The UGA loss pissed me off too but damn, Stansbury has us in only our 9th NCAA tournament and 5 were during his tenure. Look around the SEC, how many coaches would you really rather have at MSU than Stansbury?

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
"<font size="2">Those type of accolades say the man can coach, and that he's not just a great recruiter."</font>

Or are you being selective?

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
I have always said he is an average coach and a great recruiter.
You might even talk me into saying he is a good regular season coach.
But I will never say he is a great coach until he proves it by winning more than one game in the NCAA tourney.

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
"Stansbury has us in only our 9th NCAA tournament and 5 were during his tenure."

We had to pass on a few trips due to that little Segregation issue...not to mention the Tourney used to only take the conference champ. In the last 20 years, our program has been pretty good thanks to Williams and Ricky.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
We are now downgrading Rick's accomplishments because we turned down some bids due to stupidity? How many trips do we have to the NCAA Tourney? How many have come with Rick as head caoch?

C

Cains Major

that other very good MSU teams qualified, but were not permitted to go.

patdog

May 28, 2007
We did pass on 3 NCAA trips in the late 50's - early 60s, but those were the only years we would have gotten an invitation before 1991 even if the tournament had been at 64 the whole time, except for possibly 1979.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login