EMCC v Iowa Western

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
After Scooba Tech whips them Iowans that will be I think the 16th juco championship for the state of Mississippi

NawlBennyDawg

Jan 23, 2023
Just saw where Buddy is now 14-1 in championship games. Guess it's pretty hard to concentrate on the game when you're gonna be on State's staff as a Juco recruiter next season.****

Reactions: OG Goat Holder

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I used to think MS should just lean into JUCO football because that's about the only football we could win at. But when you consider MS has 14 JUCOs, and the whole country has about 80 or so, it makes sense that we'd win some. So maybe it's not that big of a deal.

Reactions: MaroonSadness99

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
There are only 65 JUCO’s in the country that play football, and 38 of them are in California. Mississippi has 14. There are no other football playing JUCO’s in the Southeast other than one in Georgia and one in Florida.

Reactions: MaroonSadness99

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
JUCO Football isn’t what it used to be in the 80’s -90’s… it’s basically glorified High School Football now. With the scouting services now, not many diamonds in the rough.

Reactions: patdog

NawlBennyDawg

Jan 23, 2023
After Scooba Tech whips them Iowans that will be I think the 16th juco championship for the state of Mississippi
My favorite part about the Juco's in MS is the nicknames like Scooba Tech. One time I messed up and told a non-Mississippian that I went to Tiger Tech and they looked at me like I was crazy. I said just wait until you hear about our biggest rival, Wampus Tech.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Juco national championship on espnU at 7
For whatever reason Scooba was not ready to play that game. Last week EMCC beat Hutch at home who smoked Iowa Western there just last month.
27-7 at the half Iowa western is on a different level
I don't believe there was a talent gap based on the one common opponent (Hutch) whom EMCC beat last week and Iowa lost to by 18 in Nov.

For whatever reason Scooba was just totally unprepared to play that game. Perhaps they decided they already had it in the bag.

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
My favorite part about the Juco's in MS is the nicknames like Scooba Tech. One time I messed up and told a non-Mississippian that I went to Tiger Tech and they looked at me like I was crazy. I said just wait until you hear about our biggest rival, Wampus Tech.
Southwest Mississippi Community College in Summit (Pike County), Mississippi. “Pike Tech” is what we call it down here.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
There are only 65 JUCO’s in the country that play football, and 38 of them are in California. Mississippi has 14. There are no other football playing JUCO’s in the Southeast other than one in Georgia and one in Florida.
I seem to remember hearing at one time that Mississippi has the largest JUCO system per capita in the US

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I used to think MS should just lean into JUCO football because that's about the only football we could win at. But when you consider MS has 14 JUCOs, and the whole country has about 80 or so, it makes sense that we'd win some. So maybe it's not that big of a deal.
Crazy that the poorest state in the nation would contribute more 20% of the nation's JC football programs. I don't think we as taxpayers are getting much return on this investment.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login