Emmanuel Forbes

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
That 4.35 didn't even look like he got a very good start either. So smooth...

Not a big DB scouting type person though, just a fan of State to Sundays. Does 166 lbs worry any NFL teams?

HotMop

May 8, 2006
That 4.35 didn't even look like he got a very good start either. So smooth...

Not a big DB scouting type person though, just a fan of State to Sundays. Does 166 lbs worry any NFL teams?
I read an article that stated he lost some draft stock due to weight...FWIW

Reactions: NukeDogg

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
Run in the 4.3s and have all those pick sixes playing in the toughest conference in the country will get someone to jump and draft him in the 1st. I would be shocked if he fell at this point. Dude made him some money today.

Show Me The Money GIF

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Run in the 4.3s and have all those pick sixes playing in the toughest conference in the country will get someone to jump and draft him in the 1st. I would be shocked if he fell at this point. Dude made him some money today.

Show Me The Money GIF
Nah. In general teams don't want to use a 1st round pick on anyone that has a single glaring deficiency. And like it or not that weight is a deficiency. It's not just tackling ability or coverage implications against bigger NFL WRs that may push him around (they'll look at film to double check that, may ask for a workout where they look at thay however they can), but also injury likelihood. You're just more likely to get hurt throwing your body into bigger guys with less weight to distribute the hit. If there's a bigger guy that runs a 4.4 and has close to the same cover ability, he'll get picked first. And supposedly this is a stacked class for CBs.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
All the CBs taken in the first round last year were at least 190 lbs. Stingley, Gardner, McDuffie and Elam. Gardner currently weighs 200. Forbes would need to add 20 lbs at least before the draft to get drafted where he should.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Didn't realize he had that fast of a forty. I thought he was right around 4.5, For a tall guy, that's outstanding. I imagine his 100 is even better.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login