Enjoy

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
I have an old teacher from high school who is an OM alum. We have an Egg Bowl bet tradition. I looked up Leach’s cameo prices, $150. We get the dub next season I’m getting one made for him.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
I more disappointed he didn't mention the soft pretzels when he was rattling our concession options.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Saban earned $923k/win last year.

According to ESPN and AL.com, Saban made $9.5 Million in 2021. Divided by 13 wins is $731K per win. His salary will increase $400K per year until 2028. He also gets around $800K if he wins Natty. Im sure he has other revenue streams, but that is what he gets from the University and The Crimson Tide Foundation. That doesn’t include $3 Million for a new house in 2013 and a one time $4 Million bonus in $2017.

Chuck Yeager

Apr 6, 2020
According to ESPN and AL.com, Saban made $9.5 Million in 2021. Divided by 13 wins is $731K per win. His salary will increase $400K per year until 2028. He also gets around $800K if he wins Natty. Im sure he has other revenue streams, but that is what he gets from the University and The Crimson Tide Foundation. That doesn’t include $3 Million for a new house in 2013 and a one time $4 Million bonus in $2017.

I was pretty sure I had read a year or 2 ago that it was $12 mill/year but maybe those numbers have since been updated. Or maybe that was the early news when contract was in work or just coming out. Maybe the article was it would approach $12 mill in last year of contract. Anyway, somehow I heard or read that number and it stuck with me.

We know how much Leach makes per win now since you post this ad nauseam over and over. We get it. You don't like Leach.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Saban could have made $2MM/win for 13 wins and it would have still been a better bargain than $910K/win for 7 wins. $ per win is a pretty meaningless number. The first 5 or so should be a given, so a more meaningful comparison might be $/(wins-5).

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
I was pretty sure I had read a year or 2 ago that it was $12 mill/year but maybe those numbers have since been updated. Or maybe that was the early news when contract was in work or just coming out. Maybe the article was it would approach $12 mill in last year of contract. Anyway, somehow I heard or read that number and it stuck with me.

We know how much Leach makes per win now since you post this ad nauseam over and over. We get it. You don't like Leach.

I like Leach, 10-15 year younger Mike Leach. Riding off into the sunset with a big bank account thanks to MSU Mike Leach, not so much.

Last edited:

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Against my better judgment, I’ll ask

I like Leach, 10-15 year younger Mike Leach. Riding off into the sunset with a big bank account thanks to MSU Mike Leach, not so much.

Why do you think Leach is riding (you should’ve said “sailing”) off into the sunset? Is it because he just signed a great (by MSU standards set by previous coaches) recruiting class? Or is it because of the drastic improvement from year 1 to 2?

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
That's not a fair comparison. You have to total up the coaches and player payroll to make a fair comparison. I would think that would result in a $65M to $10M comparison.

Aug 22, 2012
Don’t bother reasoning with them. It’s hilarious how miserable they will be when we have a great season under Leach. They’ll be talking about how it’s great but not sustainable and blah-blah-blah. He’s right on track with what he did at his previous stops.

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
It will be fun when he outperforms their expectations. Part of the fun visiting this board is coming here when we win. Some posters mysteriously disappear until our next loss then they are on blast mode.

Chuck Yeager

Apr 6, 2020
I don't know if Leach is in retirement mode or not yet. It's only beginning of year 3 so far of what was a pretty bad situation he walked into. But for those that deify Saban, check out his Michigan State record. And he's quoted as leaving Michigan State because he could not out recruit Michigan. Saban has to be where he can out recruit folks. I'm pretty sure that Leach is not at a place where he can out recruit folks right now, and he never has been.

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
First thing he did at both LSU and Alabama was meet with the Boosters and tell them it would cost a lot to win a National Championship. The Boosters bellied up and signed 'em up and the rest is history!

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login