Eric Dampier planning to rebuild a shopping center in Jackson off Terry Road

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I remember going to old Jackson Square some back in the 70s when we were visiting my grandmother.

It started to decline in the early 80s. I don’t remember going there much after Metrocenter opened.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
I applaud his efforts but not sure it's going to work. I remember going to that shopping center growing up. They had a department store called Zayre as the anchor store. MHP had a driver's license testing center. I took my test and driving test there. I believe Radio Shack had a store there at one time too.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
I applaud his efforts but not sure it's going to work. I remember going to that shopping center growing up. They had a department store called Zayre as the anchor store. MHP had a driver's license testing center. I took my test and driving test there. I believe Radio Shack had a store there at one time too.
I’m pretty sure I took my driving test there 32 years ago.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
They’ve been talking about this shlt for 6 months. Will never happen. Idiotic investment, in that location.

Fritz!

Oct 16, 2014
Tandy had a leather store there.
I watched my first Bond film in a theater, on the south side of the parking lot, Octopussy.

Reactions: eckie1

Pars

Oct 11, 2015
Post office
Police precinct and maybe a daycare
Went by it the other day

This is in reference to candlestick park went by there not to long ago

Reactions: Villagedawg

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
A sports only venue might do pretty good there. Not much that can be stolen or robbed. Not sure how many people would go.there for an arena football game tho. Sketchy area to visit for a raggedy arena football game. Certainly would be skeptical about any businesses coming in and setting up operation. And those that did surely won't stay too long unless they find a way to pice the area 24/7. JPD won't effectively do the job and anyone actually putting in proper effort would no doubt find themselves in a racism/police brutality lawsuit real soon. Jackson can barely keep a nightclub open due to parking lot violence.

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
Speaking of Jackson, whatever became of Smith park? Used to be a viable go-to back in the 80s. Is it still there?

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
If Jackson will ever make a come back it has to start somewhere. I doubt it can be done.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
It has to start downtown. Can’t be spread out all over. That’s where MS people get it wrong.
I like your thinking and your attitude but I’m disagreeing: It has to start with the people.

Chokwe the Elder impressed me initially with his pragmatism.

But Antar ain’t his Daddy.

#yeahyeahsemantics
#butthepeoplehavetodecidefirst

Reactions: patdog

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I like your thinking and your attitude but I’m disagreeing: It has to start with the people.

Chokwe the Elder impressed me initially with his pragmatism.

But Antar ain’t his Daddy.

#yeahyeahsemantics
#butthepeoplehavetodecidefirst
Well they ain’t anywhere close to ‘wanting’ to improve. Neither are the surrounding suburbanites. That’s why I say a higher power must intervene. This can be an idealist or God himself. Neither are likely.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I took my test there as well.

macdaddydawg

Sep 29, 2022
Yall bringing up old memories. Dad did a lot of leather work when I was a kid so we went to Tandy Leather a good bit and Mom collected S&H Greenstamps from the Sunflower grocery store. There was an S&H greenstamp store to cash in your stamps for items. I took my driving test there as well. If I remember correctly, I drove through the parking lot, out to the frontage road, took a right and then another right back into the lot and parked.

Aug 22, 2012
Y’all had it easy. I had to parallel park my mom’s Chevrolet Caprice Estate station wagon. Got it on the first try though. I hated that car. I really believe my folks bought cars just to embarrass their kids. We had some doozies growing up. Pinto, Tempo….yes my folks really had some fine taste in automobiles.

Reactions: horshack.sixpack
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login