Erick Dampier Jr. is #1 ranked 6th grader in the country.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
Don’t do this to yourself

Dont do what? Someone, a former teammate of his dad, sent me a video of him today. My first time seeing him. What’s wrong with what I posted? What am I doing to myself?? Was it already posted on here? Or are you referring to something else? Cancel me, down vote me if I was supposed to already know something. Evidently you know.

Video sent- https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPdkatSq8/

Last edited:

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
First, relax. Second, temper your expectations. I’m just trying to protect you now. I’ve seen this movie.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
bulldoghair said:
I’m relaxed. I have no expectations. What are you trying to protect me from? What movie are you referring too?

The movie JR DOESN’T GO TO STARKVILLE is what he’s referring to. It’s a very tragic show. Very sad. But the star, JR, does go on to win a NC for another team and has a successful career.

Seriously, that’s great about the kid and I hope he does come to MSU, but even Ole Miss has seen this movie before. Happens all the time.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
Clueless poster with over 300 posts. Sad. Gene's page =>

I thought some or least a couple of State fans might appreciate the information about Damp’s son and find it to be pretty cool, as did I. I’m sorry you found it dumb and irrelevant to this sports message board. Honestly, your arrogant six packer attitude is why I have never wasted a lot of time posting.

Last edited:

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
We are ranking sixth graders now?

I’m not. But some publication or group does evidently. I wouldn’t think it would take much time to assign a #1 here though.

Looks like that video in my OP is getting noticed and retweeted by a lot of people. Evidently way more people than the three or four here on six pack think it’s cool that Dampier has a 6’5 sixth grade son that is good a basketball.

link- https://www.google.com/amp/s/thespu...rFo37MIhMY1SFXbyfCpvKiGJL7jbF-_DettAS4LZ-X898

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
Has MRA got him playing with the high school team yet?

I read somewhere or someone told me that in AAU he plays up with like 8th and 9th graders. But in school ball he plays with his own age so he can work on ball handling and decision making skills.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
The movie JR DOESN’T GO TO STARKVILLE is what he’s referring to. It’s a very tragic show. Very sad. But the star, JR, does go on to win a NC for another team and has a successful career.

Seriously, that’s great about the kid and I hope he does come to MSU, but even Ole Miss has seen this movie before. Happens all the time.

There was also a remake: JR GOES TO STARKVILLE, UNDERPERFORMS & TRANSFERS OUT. It's also very tragic, but the ending is still the same.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
He’s 6’4 right now. Maybe we’ll see him at State.

Evidently way more people than the three or four here on six pack think it’s cool that Dampier has a 6’5 sixth grade son that is good a basketball.

At the current rate, we’re going to have to remove the roof from the Hump to allow him to play for us. He’s already grown another inch just since you started the thread.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
At the current rate, we’re going to have to remove the roof from the Hump to allow him to play for us. He’s already grown another inch just since you started the thread.

Earlier fall write ups last year back in September and October said he was 6’4. Looking at the latest write ups from this year, they are saying he’s 6’5.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012

It happens, but recruiting tends to be different for children of retired multimillionaire professional athletes. Not sure if that means we will have a better or worse chance of landing him (obviously didn't help with his older sister but I don't think our volleyball team had shown that they had a good coach at the time she committed elsewhere?), but I don't think anybody is going to have to be dealing with a handler or that NIL will be as important as making sure he's somewhere that will help him get better and provide a good environment generally.

Not sure this is really relevant to anything, but have a family friend whose child played on a basketball team with him, I'm thinking probably two years ago. Not sure what kind of league, definitely not anything particularly competitive, but they said he was not just extremely nice and polite (which is not really surprising based on everything I've heard about how his Dad acts) but that he was obviously better than everybody else and instead of dominating just got everybody on his team involved and went out of his way to pass and make sure other people scored. Granted this was not competitive basketball and it's probably a little easier to keep a 5th or 6th grader in check when there aren't necessarily girls to impress and hormones to drive decisions and before he's had people telling him how good he is for several years, etc., but still thought it spoke well of the dampiers to have a child that young taking that approach to being a good teammate.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login