ESPN baseball coverage

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
Why does ESPN make it so difficult to watch college baseball games? Regionals going on everywhere and they have dogs catching tennis balls and Kentucky spring game on their platforms.

Then we get told how college baseball doesn’t draw a big audience.

I’m not buying the add on subscription of ESPN plus when I pay for them through dish network.

I know I could pay $7 and watch for a month but it’s principle at this point. I just logged on to *****.

Last edited:

Paperdog

Aug 24, 2012
They are trying to promote ESPN Plus.

Unfortunately this trend will continue.

As a Hulu Live subscriber, I get ESPN Plus for free. I have watched a little bit from 13 different regional sites.

However, they will continue to try to push this new service.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun

Jan 9, 2016
Agree with you. My guess is they're putting all these games on + as a way to try and make up some money from all the cable cutting they've recently suffered. Hoping folks will subscribe with the thought they'll forget to cancel after the supers next weekend.

tatedog

Mar 28, 2015
Not only does the coverage suck, but their choice of what to cover sucks.

Louisville is up 20-1 in the 9th on Michigan and they stick with that til the end to switch over to the UT-GT game.

I realize they have a policy about not cutting away from a live event, but my goodness.

tatedog

Mar 28, 2015
My neighbors are doing that right now, but thus far an ESPN crew has not showed up.

047Dog

Jan 29, 2020
Why does ESPN make it so difficult to watch college baseball games? Regionals going on everywhere and they have dogs catching tennis balls and Kentucky spring game on their platforms.

I’m not buying the add on subscription of ESPN plus when I pay for them through dish network.

I know I could pay $7 and watch for a month but it’s principle at this point. I just logged on to *****.

Because 99.99999% of the country doesn’t know or care that college baseball exists.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Exactly. Like Paperdwag said, this is to push people to buy ESPN+. Been seeing a lot of this from Tennis Channel and NBC with the Premier League too putting some of the better matches on streaming only. At least I have Peacock with my Comcast subscription, but streaming is such a pain in the *** compared to cable, I usually just say 17 it unless Liverpool is playing.

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
But you can bet your *** they'll air the CWS and act like it's this huge spectacle event that they love. I'd rather get Tom Hart, KP, and Ben McDonald in a booth for the CWS rather than have ESPN throw their preferred guys like Eduardo Perez into the mix and let him pretend that he's been watching and following all these teams the whole season. KP knows his **** and can talk about all the teams and players, Perez just sits there with "when I was playing we'd have done X or Y"

CoastTrash

Aug 22, 2012
Just pay the damn money!

Just pay the money - I watched a few hours of ExtraInnings, which is basically like redzone for College BB - it was freakin awesome. On par with first/second day of NCAA basketball tournament. I couldn't turn away.

jdbulldog

Oct 27, 2007
Sirius radio has not been kind to the regionals either. SEC tv channel has shon some games but SEC RADIO channel had zero. Espnu radio also nothing. Oh well.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login