ESPN+ question (MSU vs. Eastern Kentucky)......

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I see that it's listed on ESPN+. My question is, in the past when I had cable or YTTV or whatever, I could go to ESPN app and watch home MSU games, but not neutral site/non-SEC.....I am assuming that's SECN+, which allowed me to watch ESPN+ games. Is that still correct, with all this new TV wheelin' and dealin' they are doing?

Second question.....I current have no cable, but plan to pick YTTV back up at end of August. If I just wanted to MSU, is ESPN+ a real option? I would NOT be able to watch anything on an actual network at that point, correct?

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Yeah but I don't know to do all that shlt. My MIL was telling me about all these apps and such where she bootlegs football but I was like 17 that, I'm sure that stuff works but less than reliable, at minimum.
Correct. You cannot watch most State games with just ESPN+. If that ever happens it would be huge news.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Yeah but I don't know to do all that shlt. My MIL was telling me about all these apps and such where she bootlegs football but I was like 17 that, I'm sure that stuff works but less than reliable, at minimum.
Me either - usually somebody here will post a link, or I'll text the normal suspects who will know where to get it.

1722269166300.gif

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Every SEC team I think gets 1 non-conference home game on ESPN+. The rest of their home games are going to be on ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, SEC Network, or SEC Network+, which are either OTA or via cable/satellite/streaming package. EKU is our only ESPN+ home game.

There's a chance the Arizona State game will be on ESPN+ because the Big 12 puts a lot of their home games on ESPN+, but it's currently only showing ESPN on the schedule.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Every SEC team I think gets 1 non-conference home game on ESPN+. The rest of their home games are going to be on ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, SEC Network, or SEC Network+, which are either OTA or via cable/satellite/streaming package. EKU is our only ESPN+ home game.

There's a chance the Arizona State game will be on ESPN+ because the Big 12 puts a lot of their home games on ESPN+, but it's currently only showing ESPN on the schedule.
So in other words, I can't watch. Guess it's aTm vs. Irish for me to fall asleep to.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
So in other words, I can't watch. Guess it's aTm vs. Irish for me to fall asleep to.
Well... from what I'm seeing, it looks like it will be simulcast on ESPN+ and SECN+, so you have the option of either. You can either get ESPN+ (or the Disney+ bundle) as a standalone streaming service that works in the ESPN app or you can access SECN+ through a cable, satellite, YouTube TV, FuboTV, Sling, etc. subscription.

Reactions: retire the banner

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Well... from what I'm seeing, it looks like it will be simulcast on ESPN+ and SECN+, so you have the option of either. You can either get ESPN+ (or the Disney+ bundle) as a standalone streaming service that works in the ESPN app or you can access SECN+ through a cable, satellite, YouTube TV, FuboTV, Sling, etc. subscription.
OK I gotcha, that was my question. I figured as much because that's always been the case, but since they specifically called out ESPN+ I was hoping this wasn't going to be different.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Just follow the Foosball team on Facebook, several someone's will post a link to stream it for free.**

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Hailstate.com will let you know of all TV options. The only game in questions seems to be Eastern KY as that is the only streaming game and it's showing SEC+ which usually comes with whatever TV provider you have. ESPN+ will not show the game - you have to purchase a TV subscription (YouTube TV, Cable, DirecTV, etc).

2024 Football Schedule - Mississippi State (hailstate.com)

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
I have it through a bundle but I run into login issues because of that. Have thought about dropping but I think some of the basketball and baseball games will be on it. If I didn’t care about that, I’d be just paying $11 for one month to watch our game but will probably leave it on

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Hailstate.com will let you know of all TV options. The only game in questions seems to be Eastern KY as that is the only streaming game and it's showing SEC+ which usually comes with whatever TV provider you have. ESPN+ will not show the game - you have to purchase a TV subscription (YouTube TV, Cable, DirecTV, etc).

Guess I should have looked at Hailstate before I started the thread. I was looking here: https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/teams/MISSST/mississippi-state-bulldogs/schedule/

....because I was looking at the whole slate of TV games. Oh well.

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
Bookmark it.

yeah some of the stream links have too many pop ups but after a few attempts you'll learn to identify the ones that work best.

It's rarely let me down. (Nonconference basketball is where it sometimes lets me down)

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012

ESPN is showing it on both ESPN+ and SECN+. Whenever they've shown that for any other game, it's been broadcast on ESPN+.

1722277438752.png

patdog

May 28, 2007
ESPN is showing it on both ESPN+ and SECN+. Whenever they've shown that for any other game, it's been broadcast on ESPN+.

View attachment 618459
It'll be on ESPN+ and available to ESPN+ subscribers only, unless something's changed this year. The I-AA home game has been like that for several years now.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Here's a crazy thought, "Just go to the game"
I mean... between the price of the tickets, the travel from the Dallas area to Starkville, the heat of a 5:00 pm game in August, at least one night of lodging, the travel from Starkville to the Dallas area, and the gas, food, and drinks along the way... all to see Mississippi State play (checks notes) The Eastern Kentucky Colonels of the United Athletic Conference of the FCS...

nah.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I mean... between the price of the tickets, the travel from the Dallas area to Starkville, the heat of a 5:00 pm game in August, at least one night of lodging, the travel from Starkville to the Dallas area, and the gas, food, and drinks along the way... all to see Mississippi State play (checks notes) The Eastern Kentucky Colonels of the United Athletic Conference of the FCS...

nah.
I used to love going to games I knew we would win. But over the years, the FCS games are just boring, you don't learn anything from them (unless you suck). But I have lost my idealism over the years, and I know that a 9-game conference schedule is coming, and the conference is now harder than its ever been. So yeah, I'm with you nowadays, let's just play good games. Entertain me.

I didn't feel this way 10 years ago. The game did this to itself. We chased money for so long, well, we're about to find out how bad some folks really want to win.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
No it’ll be regular ESPN for that one. They essentially gave us the old PAC 12 after dark slot for ASU (someone has to take it, there is no PAC 12 anymore).

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Too early
Too late
Too middle of the day
Too hot
Might rain
Too expensive
Too far
No good parking options
Dove season
I get when people complain about attendance most of the time but these FCS games are just never going to draw well anymore. Or almost any nonconference game for that matter.

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
I get when people complain about attendance most of the time but these FCS games are just never going to draw well anymore. Or almost any nonconference game for that matter.
I like to go to the P4 OOC game when it's at home. More winnable than most SEC games, and it's a name team I've usually never seen live before.

Reactions: MSUDOG24

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I like to go to the P4 OOC game when it's at home. More winnable than most SEC games, and it's a name team I've usually never seen live before.
Same. I was at the Kansas State, NC State, and Arizona games when they all came to us and the crowds were light so good seats were readily available. To me those are more interesting than seeing us play Kentucky or Arkansas for the 20th time.

Obviously we are on the road for that this year but will try to make the ASU home game next year. I moved away from Starkville recently so my days of going to every single game or even most of them are probably over. At this stage of life about 2 a season is probably the most I can do. Probably will be at either the Toledo or Florida game this year (but not both), and then will try to come back for another one in October or November.

Reactions: MSUDOG24 and patdog

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I go to my share, just ain't gonna make that one.
My aunt that took care of my mom until my mom passed away back this past June loves going to games. I am probably going to give several of my season tickets to her. Whatever games she wants to go to she will get the tickets. If she doesn't want to go to that game, I will go. I can't say for sure if I am going or not. It's up to her.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login