ESPN+ questions

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
I'm going to subscribe for tonight's game but it has gotten me curious . You guys that have it 1) do you watch it much ? 2) what do you watch on it that is not on regular cable ? 3) Will we need it more in the future ? I'm not opposed to keeping it, I just really don't much about it.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I have it and never watch it. I have it as part of a Disney plus bundle. I think it really only costs me a couple bucks per month. I do have 2 young kids that watch Disney plus often. If you have kids or grandkids may be worth checking out that bundle. I think it comes with Hulu too.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I'm going to subscribe for tonight's game but it has gotten me curious . You guys that have it 1) do you watch it much ? 2) what do you watch on it that is not on regular cable ? 3) Will we need it more in the future ? I'm not opposed to keeping it, I just really don't much about it.
I've had it for a long time and kind of love it actually. During football season, when our games aren't on, there's always some random Sun Belt or MAC game to watch, plus I think all of the Big 12 games are available on there. All of the "30 for 30" and "ESPN Films Presents" are on there. I like the "Places" shows. They're easy watches that I can put on and watch with the kids, even the ones for sports I'm not specifically into. Outside of that, there's just a lot of fun, random sports available.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
1- I watch it a good bit- its like a modern version of ESPN8 The Ocho.
2- I watch a lot of college women's volleyball, college men's volleyball, and mid-major men's college basketball. There are some golf broadcasts that are on +, which follow a specific group or two and that can be cool
3- Nobody here knows if you will need it more in the future. Since its 2024 and you are only now just getting it, I would guess you wont need it any time soon in the future, unless you start wanting to watch content beyond what you currently watch.

Subscribing to + gives you more access on the ESPN website too, if that is of interest.
One cool thing is that some live games on + allow you to rewind in real time(vs wait for the replay to have that power).

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
I've got the ESPN+, Disney+, Hulu bundle and I easily watch ESPN+ more than the others combined. There are always a lot of basketball, baseball, and softball games on. Plus, as others have mentioned, there's TONS of other ESPN exclusive content available. Definitely worth it in my opinion.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Wow thanks for the heads up. I have Hulu. Would I access ESPN+ thru the Hulu App?

Choose between the following Disney Bundle plans:
Disney Bundle Duo Basic for $9.99/month, which includes Disney+ (With Ads) and Hulu (With Ads)
Disney Bundle Trio Basic for $14.99/month, which includes Disney+ (With Ads), Hulu (With Ads), and ESPN+ (With Ads)
Disney Bundle Trio Premium for $24.99/month, which includes Disney+ (No Ads), Hulu (No Ads), and ESPN+ (With Ads)
STEP 1

Click "Sign Up Now" to create your Hulu account and sign up for Disney Bundle Trio Basic. You'll be billed $14.99/month by Hulu for access to all three services.

STEP 2
Access your Disney+ and ESPN+ accounts

After signing up, you can use your Hulu account email address and password to log in to both Disney+ and ESPN+.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Will we have more than 1 game on ESPN+ exclusively for this regional or will the rest be televised elsewhere ?

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I've had it for years. There is almost always something on live. I watch lower league soccer from England. One of the English Cups was on it. I have watched some small school football. I have watched independent minor league baseball from the Midwest. Most of the other big soccer leagues from Europe are on it.

Reactions: thatsbaseball

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
State sports. Never watch it other than that. But to me that's worth the elebm bucks.

Actually what I use it for most is the phone app. I never have to worry about missing tipoff or first pitch, or be planted at the house to watch the Dogs. I'll be traveling tonight and will watch the whole game on the car ride.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Here's the link to the ESPN scoreboard so if you are at work today, you can check in on all games as well as the Gamecast for a game you want to keep tabs on

Reactions: Darryl Steight

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I consume 99% of college sports on the app, but this will be my first time paying for +. The app is very good, but it will lag infrequently even on Ceasefire fiber.

Finding a game can be an adventure on the app, I scroll down to SEC and have had good luck that way.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I honestly use it more for premium articles on their website. But having the video access when needed is a bonus.

Also, yeah, I have a daughter who’s almost 2, so we watch a lot of Disney+ and it’s all part of that bundle.

Reactions: Dawgg

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I use it mostly for our games, will check out some others if I'm bored one Friday or Saturday night.

I do like watching the 30 for 30 / espn film originals. Watch them sometimes with my kids so they can learn some sports history.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I consume 99% of college sports on the app, but this will be my first time paying for +. The app is very good, but it will lag infrequently even on Ceasefire fiber.

Finding a game can be an adventure on the app, I scroll down to SEC and have had good luck that way.
Little tip I have learned, if the game is both on an ESPNSEC Network TV channel and the ESPN app, and you use YouTube TV, watch the game on the YouTube TV app instead of the ESPN app.

YouTube is better than ESPN on putting their streaming video servers "close to the edge" which means near all the cell phone towers and near all the ISPs like C Spire. ESPN centralizes their streaming video servers and there are not as many as YouTube/YouTube TV have, not even close.

This really shows up when you are watching the game on your phone on cellular. The YouTube TV app is drastically better than the ESPN app for video quality and no lags.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darryl Steight

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Little tip I have learned, if the game is both on an ESPN or SEC Network TV channel, and you use YouTube TV, watch the game on the YouTube TV app. YouTube is better than ESPN on putting their streaming video servers "close to the edge" which means near all the towers and near all the ISPs like C Spire. ESPN centralizes their streaming video servers and there are not as many as YouTube/YouTube TV have, not even close.

This really shows up when you are watching the game on your phone on cellular. The YouTube TV app is drastically better than the ESPN app for video quality and no lags.
Great point. I never knew why, but just know the YTTV app works so much better.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
As others have mentioned, we have it through the Hulu, Disney+ bundle. I use it to watch all Mississippi State sports. It's crucial for baseball season. About the only game I can't watch is if we play football on CBS (don't have cable) but that's going away soon.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Well, NM. Looks like I don't pay for that.
I was about to answer and tell you I didn’t think so. The Hulu that comes with that bundle is probably the bottom of the barrel Hulu. I don’t watch it very often either. But I’m pretty sure it’s not the Hulu live. More like Netflix I think.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
So can I watch our game via Hulu with Live TV? Or do I have to pay for a separate service?

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Before paying for anything, check to see if you credentials for the ESPN app from another subscription you (or a friend/family member) already pay for. If you can log into the app, you can do a free trail for ESPN +.

TimberBeast

Aug 23, 2012
We've had it for a few years and watch all State softball, volleyball, and a lot of baseball on it. A lot of times if we can't find anything and State's not playing we'll watch other college softball or volleyball games. Quit watching all pro sports over the last few years except LPGA and PGA so it's great if you're looking for college sports. My daughter is a freshman at State and that's the first thing we had to get set up for her so she could keep up with the volleyball team.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
This thread shows SPS as a group is big time showing its age.
...me included.

17itdawg

Sep 30, 2022
We have it. I use it for soccer, college baseball, and mid-major basketball. If you watch a lot of sports especially college baseball, it's worth it.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
I cancel it as soon as I sign up for it then it's good for 30 days. The only time I care to watch it is for a MSU game. So this will be the 3rd time this athletic year I have used it (basketball x 1, baseball x 2). If more State games were on it - I would keep it all year.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login