ESPN Rivalry week article, First one up is...

McThunder

May 9, 2016
Article showing noteworthy rivalries around the country.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...orical-moments

I would love more than anything to ruin their chances of a NY6 bowl, followed by a quick exodus by Kiffin to an out of state institution. I believe it will happen, but the question is where?

My prediction for the game:

Good Boi's: 38
Bedwetters: 24

Even when we play LSU (wife's team), I can respect them more than Old Piss.
I have nothing for TSUN and wouldn't take a leak on any of them if they were on fire.
I hate Ole Missus with a passion, and my kids are gonna hate them too.

HAIL STATE!! GTHOM!!

ArcherSPS

Aug 22, 2012
Calling your team those ****** nicknames doesn’t convince us you’re not an OM fan

Sep 12, 2013
I feel like it’s still a good chance OM ends up in a NY6 bowl even with a loss to us. I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I feel like it’s still a good chance OM ends up in a NY6 bowl even with a loss to us. I wouldn’t worry too much about it.
If ole miss loses and a&m wins convincingly, I think a&m jumps them. Probably shouldn’t since they just lost to them, but if you apply that logic, we should jump both of them.

Dawgzilla

Mar 3, 2008
Really hard to pick a wildest on field moment in the game. We all know them, so I'm not trying to start a "wildest moment " thread. But there is a recent moment that fully displayed the rivalry.

Thanksgiving 2018. I'm the only remaining State alum in my family. In 2018 I was watching the game with cousins and in-laws with degrees from Bama, UGA, LSU, UF, Clemson, and smaller schools. With State up big and the 3rd quarter winding down, the crowd wanted to switch to the NFL game (Saints, I think).

I enjoy watching a UMiss beat down, so I said, "Guys, its the Egg Bowl. You never know what's going to happen."

A couple plays later, the brawl broke out. Everyone put down their phones and abandoned the jigsaw puzzles. They watched all the replays, assessed blame, tried to guess what penalties would be called.

When the smoke cleared, and it turned out the play didn't even count because the quarter had expired, I offered to start watching the Saints game. "NO!!! This game just got good!!"

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login