Ever been to Arizona? (Redneck Capitol of the Country)

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
It's a beautiful state no doubt, but I think most would be surprised after hanging out with the locals.

Dawgs 35-17

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
I lived in Phoenix for 2 years. After one year when people told me Mississippi was hot but they have a dry heat my response was, "My oven is a dry heat too but you won't catch me sticking my head in it!" When I played tennis I didn't sweat. A white powder formed on my skin where sweat should have been.

I did enjoy tubing down the Salt River though. I have fond memories of living there as I do with my time in CA, NC, FL, TN, UT and MS. Ultimately, I think anywhere you live and your opinion depends more on you than the location.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Ever been to Michigan? That’s where most of the “People of Walmart” photos come from

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
The Florida Panhandle says hold my home brew.
Go a little further east in FL to where it starts to go south toward Tampa. Perry/Dixie County area. That's one of the few places I've been where I truly thought I might get eaten.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
The official top 10 based on the best metric available for measuring how many necks are in a given state... Mobile homes and Walmart stores per capita.

View attachment 25132

It would appear back to back CWS titles for the state of Mississippi has led to enough mobile home selling to put Arkansas in the lead.

ETA. The fact that Oklahoma is not number 1 on this list by a wide margin, lets us know its a very flawed metric. You cannot top the level of trashy *** redneckery in Oklahoma. Can't be topped.

Last edited:

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
ETA. The fact that Oklahoma is not number 1 on this list by a wide margin, lets us know its a very flawed metric. You cannot top the level of trashy *** redneckery in Oklahoma. Can't be topped.

Wait til natural gas gets back under $5.

Sep 12, 2013
I’ve been to the phoenix/mesa area a couple times. It’s a beautiful state. It’s one thing to know it’s desert out there, it’s another to be there and only see dirt in every direction you look. No grass, trees, nothing green.

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
The official top 10 based on the best metric available for measuring how many necks are in a given state... Mobile homes and Walmart stores per capita.

View attachment 25132

It would appear back to back CWS titles for the state of Mississippi has led to enough mobile home selling to put Arkansas in the lead.

W. Virginia may challenge Ok for redneckness. At least W. Vir. Has scenery, OK not so much.

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007
The unwashed masses anywhere you go in our country are in fact unwashed. The overwhelming majority of our population are rednecks, or redneck by another name depending on geography. That goes for Connecticut to California, from Pocatello to Statesborough.

The difference may be the '97 Ranger Splash they're driving in Gordo vs the modified Altima in Fresno. Mullet vs hair gel. Wranglers vs track suits, zubas, etc.

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
That's true. From my work and leisure travels, I compiled my own "white trash" ranking. These are just the states I have spent enough time in to be able to formulate an opinion on the amount of white trash. It goes like this:

1. Northern West Virginia (morgantown area)
2. Northwest West Virginia (near Ohio River)
3. Central West Virginia (everything south of Jane Lew)
4. Southwestern PA
5. Oklahoma
6. All of Florida
7. Michigan
8. Rhode Island/SE Mass.
9. Alabama
10. Ohio

If anyone tells you that West Virginia isn't the worst state in the nation, slap them in their ******* face, because it is.

In my original post, I was joking about Arizona. Apparently those Zona fans have been posting links to sixpack.

Last edited:

Grove Sh*tter

Aug 25, 2014
Someone wrote a scathing review of an away game at WV. I searched sps remembers, but I couldn't find it. It was truly funny. I wish someone could locate it and drop it in here.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Alabama. We were up at Smith Lake a few years back. One of the prettiest lakes I've ever seen but if you get out and wander a bit, starting about a mile from the lake itself...whoa. Every shack and trailer had a big pile of debris, a Bama flag and a rebel flag and a couple of junk cars.

Requiem For A Dawg

Dec 3, 2008
Alabama. We were up at Smith Lake a few years back. One of the prettiest lakes I've ever seen but if you get out and wander a bit, starting about a mile from the lake itself...whoa. Every shack and trailer had a big pile of debris, a Bama flag and a rebel flag and a couple of junk cars.

I just left there a few weeks ago and you hit the nail on the head.

It’s the trashiest area I’ve ever been to. Not necessarily the people, they were nice. But the yards had literal trash and junk all over them. The housing consisted of dilapidated single wides and shacks ready to fall in. No one in that area cuts their grass either. It was unreal to see.

Outside of the houses on smith lake, I didn’t see one house in Cullman county that was suitable for someone to live in.

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
JoeLee'sSocks;[URL="tel:2063782" said:
2063782[/URL]]The official top 10 based on the best metric available for measuring how many necks are in a given state... Mobile homes and Walmart stores per capita.

View attachment 25132

the number of rednecks in Indiana is vastly underestimated

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
It is definitely an oasis in the desert. It has gotten a lot bigger since I lived there. Once you leave the city limits it is miles before you get somewhere else.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I have traveled the entire state a few times. You think our Miss Delta is poor try driving through The Navajo Nation. It makes some of our poor delta area's look like Park Avenue. Tucson is a good city to visit. Phoenix is also great. I really like Flagstaff. That's where we stayed when we went to the Grand Canyon. Driving back from the Grand Canyon to Flagstaff a monsoon came in. A Tornado dropped down for a few seconds.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
Went to NH for work once, got the rental car with NH plates that said "live free or die", the proceeded to throw money at toll booths all the way to my destination.

Don't drive into New Jersey.

Tolls everywhere . . . and they won't let you pump your own gas there.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
You ever spent much time in southwestern WV? I mean the real coal country - where they have mines you can't stand up in. That tri-state area of eastern KY, western Virginia, and WV. It makes the northern half of the state almost seem normal. West Virginia is like it's own little world. Everything is so old and poor looking, run down, abandoned, polluted.

I was up there this summer and looking for a place to run. I was surprised how many rails to trails there were close by. But then when I looked for access points - the directions for every single one was to park along the road and walk behind some guys machine shop or down under this bridge, and you'll see a trail. Probably get shot for trespassing in the process.

I'll never forget playing in a golf scramble up there 6-7 years ago. Had a huge restaurant there we eating at that night. They had a band playing and at one point they sing take me home... I swear every damn person except our table immediately stopped eating, got up and started singing & dancing.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I have traveled the entire state a few times. You think our Miss Delta is poor try driving through The Navajo Nation. It makes some of our poor delta area's look like Park Avenue. Tucson is a good city to visit. Phoenix is also great. I really like Flagstaff. That's where we stayed when we went to the Grand Canyon. Driving back from the Grand Canyon to Flagstaff a monsoon came in. A Tornado dropped down for a few seconds.

Sedona and the surrounding area was so good I thought I might have crossed into another state.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
Nothing and I mean nothing compares to the mountains of east TN, west NC, tips of several states surroundings for levels of just knowing you are in a place that does not care about life, theirs or yours.

I am not talking about any towns you have heard of but the vast areas that look uninhabited for miles and miles. They are out there in those hills and rarely come down. I have seen Deliverance in person. It aint' no joke folks. What happens up there, stays up there.

We have some remote places and poor places in MS, but it's way different up there.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login