Every time that we beat a team

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
Soundly like we did aTm and Arkansas, there’s always threads asking about why anyone could hate Leach.

Well, tonight is precisely why I hate Leach. A total egg of a game plan. A horrendous clock management issue that cost us 3 points right before the half.

Remember last week when folks were chirpy about “message board posters teaching Leach how to run the ball more”. Well, 37 passes to 10 rushes. Maybe Leach can give us a quirky explanation on balance this week so you sheep can lap that **** up.

Leach better find him his next great QB soon. Will is good. But he ain’t taking us the next step that we want to be.

Beretta.sixpack

Oct 29, 2009
Leach gets out coached. Kentucky did exactly what LSU did.....4 down lineman and bring disguised pressure from a different position every time we drop back to pass....

Brian Kelly
Mike Stoops
Nick Saban
Kirby Smart
Lane Kiffen

These are all good coaches that often speak about "game plans" and "watching film" and "knowing what they were doing".......Leach doesn't do this....he has the same game plan for every game...

The post earlier who said Auburn is the difference between 6-6 and 7-5 is spot on....

*****Not a Leach then, not a leach fan now.....and never a fan of Cohen at AD****

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I try to stay away from all the chest thumping after Ws because I’d rather enjoy our wins than get into these debates, but you’re right. Just as there will always be posters that can find a way to be negative about anything, there are also a few that can’t wait to talk down to the naysayers whenever we beat a couple teams.

All I can say is that I don’t care much about short term trends in either direction. I care about where things stand after 12 games, and this team looks to me like one that’s going to be sitting around 7-5 IF we can find a way to get past Auburn. Last night was another reminder of this group’s ceiling, and I feel like some on here need to come to grips with the fact that it ain’t that high. Our defense made some things happen at times last night, but it was also disappointing to watch them time and time again get run over by a one dimensional offense. Will just can’t deal with pressure, period. Then it’s incredible how quickly our entire offensive gameplan completely falls apart as soon as we aren’t gashing defenses on the ground or god forbid we start getting backed up from penalties. It’s like the air raid either functions as a well oiled machine or it doesn’t function at all. There is no in between

I guess at the end of the day, the question everyone needs to be asking is whether 6-6 to occasional 8-4 seasons is good enough for you. If so, we’re always going to be in that range with Leach, and I don’t think we’ll ever have to worry about a 4-8 disaster of a year. If you’ve got your eyes set on more, though, it isn’t happening. Not in this conference with the ceilings we’ll always have on a talent level with this coaching staff

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Leach gets out coached. Kentucky did exactly what LSU did.....4 down lineman and bring disguised pressure from a different position every time we drop back to pass....

Brian Kelly
Mike Stoops
Nick Saban
Kirby Smart
Lane Kiffen

These are all good coaches that often speak about "game plans" and "watching film" and "knowing what they were doing".......Leach doesn't do this....he has the same game plan for every game...

The post earlier who said Auburn is the difference between 6-6 and 7-5 is spot on....

*****Not a Leach then, not a leach fan now.....and never a fan of Cohen at AD****
Yes exactly, KU brought pressure and Will couldn't make them pay by quickly hitting a WR downfield. I'm glad TAMU and Ark didn't do that.

Reactions: PhredPhantom

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I try to stay away from all the chest thumping after Ws because I’d rather enjoy our wins than get into these debates, but you’re right. Just as there will always be posters that can find a way to be negative about anything, there are also a few that can’t wait to talk down to the naysayers whenever we beat a couple teams.

All I can say is that I don’t care much about short term trends in either direction. I care about where things stand after 12 games, and this team looks to me like one that’s going to be sitting around 7-5 IF we can find a way to get past Auburn. Last night was another reminder of this group’s ceiling, and I feel like some on here need to come to grips with the fact that it ain’t that high. Our defense made some things happen at times last night, but it was also disappointing to watch them time and time again get run over by a one dimensional offense. Will just can’t deal with pressure, period. Then it’s incredible how quickly our entire offensive gameplan completely falls apart as soon as we aren’t gashing defenses on the ground or god forbid we start getting backed up from penalties. It’s like the air raid either functions as a well oiled machine or it doesn’t function at all. There is no in between

I guess at the end of the day, the question everyone needs to be asking is whether 6-6 to occasional 8-4 seasons is good enough for you. If so, we’re always going to be in that range with Leach, and I don’t think we’ll ever have to worry about a 4-8 disaster of a year. If you’ve got your eyes set on more, though, it isn’t happening. Not in this conference with the ceilings we’ll always have on a talent level with this coaching staff
People keep saying 8 wins but until we learn to beat sec teams on the road we are favored to win you won't get to 8. 7 wins might be the msu leach ceiling. I don't know if a 7 win ceiling is good enough. Got to get that 8-9 every 3-4 years. If Mullen can do it in year 2, leach should be able to do it year 3. Moorhead was gifted with a great team and he got 8 in year one and he was a **** coach.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I still consider myself Pro-Leach but I’d be lying if I said nights like last night aren’t super frustrating. There is definitely a Ben Howland quality to his teams.
That's the thing will we ever get over the hump to get to that 8-9 win season? With nights like last night it doesn't seem likely. Cant go in an score one offensive touchdown and get gashed by the run over and over again. We got beat in every phase of the game. If you want the 8-10 win seasons that can't happen. I'm okay with 6-7 wins most years but you expect a 8-9 win season every 3-4 years especially with a veteran qb in the leach system.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
People keep saying 8 wins but until we learn to beat sec teams on the road we are favored to win you won't get to 8. 7 wins might be the msu leach ceiling. I don't know if a 7 win ceiling is good enough. Got to get that 8-9 every 3-4 years. If Mullen can do it in year 2, leach should be able to do it year 3. Moorhead was gifted with a great team and he got 8 in year one and he was a **** coach.
The ZIPS are 1-6 at this point.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
That's a testament to the talent we had in 2018. It didn't take me long to realize how bad he was. I was never on the Moorhead train.

leach I'm still trying to figure him out but games like last night are pushing me to not like him and question if 8-9 wins will ever be possible for him unless everything goes the right way for his offense.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
It really has been something to see the pats on the back Moorhead is suddenly getting from some people for going 8-5 in 2018, considering how negatively that season was viewed at the time (and frankly still should be viewed that way).

Using Moorhead to justify any criticisms of Leach is just dumb. In no way whatsoever were we better off under Moorhead.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006

Can't really disagree with any of that. I guess I keep saying 8 wins because I'm starting to see it as Leach's absolute tip top ceiling in the SEC with all the right things falling into place during a season, but you're right that it's not something that's just going to be magically handed to him. Especially with piss poor game planning like we saw last night.

Losing a valiant battle on the road in this conference is nothing to be ashamed of, but there was nothing valiant about our effort last night. It's now the second time this year that I feel like Leach has been entirely out coached, and it's the first time this season that I'm really disappointed in the defense. Did Arnett lose the game? No, but that was about as one dimensional as an SEC offense is going to be in this day and age, and it was really depressing to see us get completely manhandled by a banged up QB, one of the worst offensive lines in the conference, and a very vanilla running game. I lost count on the number of missed tackles last night when trying to bring Rodriguez down, but my gosh... it had to be 20+

olblue

Mar 11, 2018
Soundly like we did aTm and Arkansas, there’s always threads asking about why anyone could hate Leach.

Well, tonight is precisely why I hate Leach. A total egg of a game plan. A horrendous clock management issue that cost us 3 points right before the half.

Remember last week when folks were chirpy about “message board posters teaching Leach how to run the ball more”. Well, 37 passes to 10 rushes. Maybe Leach can give us a quirky explanation on balance this week so you sheep can lap that **** up.

Leach better find him his next great QB soon. Will is good. But he ain’t taking us the next step that we want to be.
It wasn’t poor clock management at the end of the 1st half. It was a bone head decision not to punt.

Just like it was a bone head decision to give a 2nd half team like Kentucky the ball out of the break after winning the toss.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006

I've been trying to stay away from making any comments about Will because I really think he is an incredible kid, but I've gotta say... anyone worried about Rogers leaving either this year or next must think he's getting into coaching because he has zero and I mean 0% of chance of playing QB at the next level

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I've been trying to stay away from making any comments about Will because I really think he is an incredible kid, but I've gotta say... anyone worried about Rogers leaving either this year or next must think he's getting into coaching because he has zero and I mean 0% of chance of playing QB at the next level
Careful, you’ll get attacked for saying that.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
All this gnashing of teeth over wins/losses we can expect will only magnify come 2024/2025 when OK & TX come into the league. I fear we'll be pushed down a few more notches in football.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login