Everybody laugh at Atlanta

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
They interviewed Bill Belichick, Jim Harbaugh, and Mike Vrabel. Well they found their man… Raheem Morris.

Reactions: aTotal360

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Yeah. Belichick wanting the type of authority he had at New England was a bridge too far for the Falcons where Rich McKay has had that authority for over twenty years and has Arthur Blank’s trust.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Yeah. Belichick wanting the type of authority he had at New England was a bridge too far for the Falcons where Rich McKay has had that authority for over twenty years and has Arthur Blank’s trust.
I think they were smart to pass on Belichek. He was one of the best ever, but he’s well past those days. He ran the patriots franchise into the ground since Brady left. Really started even before then.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I think they were smart to pass on Belichek. He was one of the best ever, but he’s well past those days. He ran the patriots franchise into the ground since Brady left. Really started even before then.
Agreed. The Patriots could do it because everything was long term for them.

Atlanta though?

I don’t know if I’d want to do that.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
21-38 as a head coach, never finished better than 3rd in the conference w/ a decent TB team. What could go wrong w/ a 7-10 Atlanta team and him at the helm?

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
I think Harbaugh wanted to get back to the bright lights of California.

Falcons should be able to move the ball in the future. Guess they felt like Morris could sure up the defense.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016
I think Harbaugh wanted to get back to the bright lights of California.

Falcons should be able to move the ball in the future. Guess they felt like Morris could sure up the defense.
Harbaugh knows that quarterbacks matter in the NFL, the Chargers have a top 10 QB and I am not sure any other team with a coaching vacancy had a quarterback anywhere near that level. Several of them had neither a decent QB or a high enough draft pick to get one this year.

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
I still think he's better than Raheem Morris.
At this point in his career, I’m not so sure. Morris has as many winning seasons in his 4 years as Belichek has in his last 4 seasons. And just as many playoff wins. 0.

Last edited:

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
At this point in his career, I’m not so sure. Morris has as many winning seasons in his 4 years as Belichek has in his last 4 seasons. And just as many playoff wins. 0.
Of that group, Belichick would’ve been my third pick, but he’s still better than Morris, in my opinion. Post-Brady, Belichick has a .457 winning percentage. Morris’ head coaching winning percentage is .356.

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
Of that group, Belichick would’ve been my third pick, but he’s still better than Morris, in my opinion. Post-Brady, Belichick has a .457 winning percentage. Morris’ head coaching winning percentage is .356.
I'm not sure how much I would hold his stint as Bucs HC against him. He was 33 years old and clearly not ready. I don't know how he'll turn out in ATL, but I'm sure he's not the same coach he was 14 years ago.

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021

It's the PC thing to do, you know DEI and ****........

uptowndawg

Jul 15, 2010
3 facts about the falcons:
4 is the number of teams in their division
-
2 of those are on the gulf of mexico
8 is the jersey number that Pitts wears.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login