Extending Arnett

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I hope he's the coach-in-waiting.

I've always wanted us to see what we could do with a defensive coach. We've never done it (at least in my lifetime), Mullen was the closest thing and that's only because he knew he needed a great DC and he needed to put his studs on the defensive side of the ball.

Then just go out and hire the most innovative offensive guy you can from G5 or FCS, over and over and over.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
I hope we keep him a long time. Coach in waiting ? Maybe....he could always get a hot shot OC. I am hoping this year is like the second coming of JLD. He should have the horses to get it done

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Good to know the revolving DC door in Starkville is shut down for now
Can't be overstated. When's the last time we had a DC stay for 3 seasons? Was it Ellis Johnson? Despite the offense, that was a damn good defense back in 2006 and 2007.

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
Geoff Collins was on staff from 2011-14 but was only the full time DC in 13 and 14. A shame because the 2012 team might have been so much better if he was coordinating and not Chris Wilson

bully12

Sep 2, 2012
Geoff Collins was on staff from 2011-14 but was only the full time DC in 13 and 14. A shame because the 2012 team might have been so much better if he was coordinating and not Chris Wilson

Well, just because we gave Arnett a contract extension won't keep him from leaving if he gets a better offer elsewhere. Also, if things don't get dramatically better in Hotlanta this fall, Collins will be available again next season.

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
Collins is a good coach but his gimmicks are corny. Doesn’t help when your in state rival is a monster

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login