Extensive research done!!! I like Lebby.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
I did at least seven (minimum) minutes of research on the topic. Some of greenbean’s list I didn’t know, so I went to Wikipedia and came to a conclusion. Jeff Lebby is my guy. He went to OU, but got into coaching because of injury. He was a GA when Leach was coaching Josh Heupel as qb. He left OU to Coach with Art Briles. He was OC at a small college in Florida, when Heupel hired him to coach at UCF. He left there work with Lane Kiffen, offensive guru. He left there to be OC at OU, which is his current job. Hire this dude. Whereever he’s been, winning takes place.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I think that thought will be in the forefront of Selman's mind.
Especially when there are several realistic coaches out there with successful head coaching experience. If we hire a coordinator, it needs to be one with several years at that level with an elite program. Like Mullen was.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
I’m on board with Lebby too. He knows Mississippi and the Southeast; he knows SEC defenses. He knows SEC recruiting. I’ll take a staff something like Lebby, Bumphis, Knox, Hughes, etc. Also, he’s a way better fit culturally at MSU than OM. He’s a blue collar type.

That offense is so hard to stop. Lebby’s national rank in PPG:

2023 - #4
2022 - #32
2021 - #21
2020 - #14
2019 - #5

He’s also probably winning 10 games in 3 of those seasons.

He checks all of the boxes. Sign me up.

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
Oklahoma fans will gladly let him go. They’re ready to run him out of town.
Who Lebby or Venables? Lebby's offense is averaging 41.8 pts/game. Like Patdog said, I think we need a head coach with the proven organizational skills but Lebby would be the first and maybe only OC I'd consider and I would definitely take him over a defensive-minded sitting head coach.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Most of the OU friends and family I have would be happy to see him go.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login