Extreme OT: Manny Diaz' gay Uncle's body found in Crestview land fill

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Well it seems like the lawsuit he was part of is why he’s known to the public, so I’m sure that is why the article talks about it.

He was found in a Jackson county landfill. That’s not crestview.

Dawgzilla

Mar 3, 2008
Well it seems like the lawsuit he was part of is why he’s known to the public, so I’m sure that is why the article talks about it.

I know, and it may be what got him killed. The lawsuit, not being gay. Or maybe being gay did get him killed, IDK. I just didn't want to be accused of focusing on his sexual orientation myself.

And the truck that apparently delivered his body to the landfill was from the Crestview area. Thanks for clearing up the geography.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article257294242.html

I guess Google sends me Manny Diaz news because of some searches in my past. And I only labeled his uncle as gay because that seems to be important to the Miami Herald.

Uh, there are two Manny Diaz's in Miami. This one is an ex-mayor not the ex-DC for State and former UM HC. Perhaps you knew that but I figured it was mistaken identity because why would anyone here care about a former mayor of Miami with no ties to MSU.

Last edited:

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Manny Diaz's (defensive coordinator) dad was the mayor of Miami so it's the same family.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Uh, there are two Manny Diaz's in Miami. This one is an ex-mayor not the ex-DC for State and former UM HC. Perhaps you knew that but I figured it was mistaken identity because why would anyone here care about a former mayor of Miami with no ties to MSU.

Same family… Diaz’s (former Miami HC) dad was mayor of Miami.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
That area of the Florida panhandle is just a weird and eerie place. Just east of Defuniak/Panama City area over to about Lake City and down to around Old Town north of Crystal River. Has a Texas Chainsaw Massacre kind of feel. Tallahassee is weird too, although obviously it's developed enough to not be quite as weird.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
It's a land of jorts and swamps.

But really, outside the big cities, most of FL is like that.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
It's a land of jorts and swamps.

But really, outside the big cities, most of FL is like that.

Somebody copied carville's quote about Pennsylvania ("Pennsylvania is Philadelphia and Pittsburgh with Alabama in between") for Florida. Something along the lines of "FLorida is only Florida within 15 miles of the water. Everything else is just Alabama." Less and less true of Florida as a whole, but I think pretty accurate for the panhandle.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Somebody copied carville's quote about Pennsylvania ("Pennsylvania is Philadelphia and Pittsburgh with Alabama in between") for Florida. Something along the lines of "FLorida is only Florida within 15 miles of the water. Everything else is just Alabama." Less and less true of Florida as a whole, but I think pretty accurate for the panhandle.
Worse than Alabama. Has more of a hillbilly feel. I still swear I saw Slenderman in Blountstown one time. And at a gas station in Perry County, I came across some 'being' whose teeth were literally outside of its head, with a mullet and Miami cap on.

And you step right back into 1983 in Marianna. But they do have a legit rodeo scene in that area.

Last edited:

ronpolk

May 6, 2009

Only exception is Orlando. The rest is true. You get away from the coast and it’s terrible. Even some coast is terrible… see Daytona Beach

Dawgzilla

Mar 3, 2008
Our two time former DC is the former mayor's son. The deceased is the Mayor's brother, and the football coach's uncle.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login