Fans are sheep....

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
The excitement over the Lebby hire proves that we as fans will buy whatever the athletic department is selling. As a fan I hope this is the best hire we have ever made. This feels like Morehead 2.0....offensive genius, gaudy numbers...
Excitement over the hire doesn't prove fans will buy whatever the athletic department is selling.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
The excitement over the Lebby hire proves that we as fans will buy whatever the athletic department is selling. As a fan I hope this is the best hire we have ever made. This feels like Morehead 2.0....offensive genius, gaudy numbers...
Other than Chadwell, there were no realistic names to get excited over. old man Fritz, Odom, Sumrall? Zzzzz

Theconnormead

Jan 26, 2023
What else can we do? Might as well be all in and see how it goes. We knew pretty early on that Moorhead and Arnett both weren’t the guy. Might as well give him the benefit of the doubt and ring our cowbells and pack a fat horseshoe.
I'm as guilty as anyone about getting excited, but the older I get the more realistic I become. However, sports and beautiful women make extremely smart men very dumb.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
Most people that are just as excited as they were with the Moorhead hire without any reservations probably wore a mask and had the Covid shots and a booster. Probably take the flu shot as well every year.

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
Outside of a ridiculously small number, this is not a "golden age" of the coaching pool, be they coordinators, G5 head coaches, or even sitting P5 head coaches to really choose from. I'd say luck plays more of a role than ever in who you get and how they acclimate.

SchrodingersDawg

Sep 15, 2020
Well, I never considered myself a gullible homer, but I’m pretty excited by the hire. If that makes me a sheep so be it.

GIF by Mola TV Kids

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
Tell that to Texas A&M fans after Stoops was announced

Reactions: FormerBully

Old Dawg

Jan 7, 2020
What else can we do? Might as well be all in and see how it goes. We knew pretty early on that Moorhead and Arnett both weren’t the guy. Might as well give him the benefit of the doubt and ring our cowbells and pack a fat horseshoe.
Such a happy person

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
As a whole we bought Croom, Morehead, Cannizaro, NMP, and ZA. The only one I remember fans questioning was Rick Ray.

The Lemonis hire got many fans here wondering about Cohen…

(turned out to be a FANTASTIC short term hire— but we’ll see what happens in 2024 and if there’s long term staying power)

Bully1972

Jan 2, 2020

Nope. Some of us aren’t miserable debbie downers who try as hard as we can to find the negatives in life. Some of us try to embrace the hand that is dealt and try to enjoy it for a while. That doesn’t make anyone a sheep. It makes them a human being with a touch of optimism. But you by all means be you.

Leachbeach

Jun 23, 2022
Moorhead called me at a friends request when he was in Hattiesburg recruiting. He was at Bobby Chain airport, I was in deer stand! Heck with hunting, I was pumped!
I also was with group that picked Mullen, Byrne, stricklin, and others up at same airport when Mullen was introduced at HCC.
This feels more like Mullen!

Reactions: Theconnormead

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
The only proof we will have on any hire is next fall. Might as well hop on board.
IDK, the portal and spring recruiting window should shed some light. Arnette was a bad recruiter the whole time. I look forward to seeing what Lebby does in the short term. Parson should be a good starting base at QB, let’s see if Lebby retains him and pulls in a couple of guys to compete. His staff hires should shed some light as well.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Excitement over the hire doesn't prove fans will buy whatever the athletic department is selling.
That is a ridiculous take. If they feel that badly about it, they can always stay away from anything to do with Mississippi State. Whining about it doesn’t change anything.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
I don't get too excited about new coaching hires because as a Bulldog fan it sucks either way. They are going to leave in a few years. If they suck, they get fired. If they do well, they will move on to another job.. Either way I end up with a broken heart.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

HotMop

May 8, 2006
1000013365.gif

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login