Fans/Atmosphere

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
in spite of all the rain, the stadium looked full and sounded loud on TV. Hats off to all those who endured the elements to support. Can't blame it on crowd.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
It was a nice crowd. Was a really light tailgate scene though. I was worried walking through the Junction before kick off.

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
Junction was dead as 17. Dawg walk was slightly crowded and as soon as it ended everyone went straight to the gates. Stadium was mostly full and loud as hell. The rain was steady but light and cold as a mf.

The Fatboy

Oct 18, 2005
I've never seen rain do that in the stadium before. It was just a swirling mess of light drizzle that floated up and down and around and down again until it settled on you like morning fog until you were damp but never soaked. Except your *** of course where you stood up and sat back down.

I also thought the temp was comfortable until about half way through the 4th quarter. The wind picked up and started to bite a little.

The atmosphere was good and loud but it never felt like the crowd got "set off". You could feel it like it was right on the edge wait for ignition and it never seemed to happen.

Everyone seemed to follow the no ring rules until somewhere in the 3rd quarter when about 25% (my guess) continued ringing hoping something would happen.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Announced attendance was 55,601. By far our biggest crowd of the season. Very good crowd considering it being Thanksgiving night and the bad weather. Crowd was very loud and into the game until it got out of hand in the fourth quarter.

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
I was telling a buddy today that where I was sitting the rain was so strange that it was like a cyclone. I compared it to turning your mister on and blowing it around with the leaf blower, adding 40 degrees to it of course.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
That’s exactly how it looked on tv and Matt kept remarking how he’s never seen it do that before.

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
It was definitely strange. Enough to make my son want to pull the trigger on leaving early.

ETA: ^ that’s a joke

Last edited:

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
You could watch the ribbons at the top of the field goal uprights constantly swirling. It was bizarre.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login