FC: Game changer for the BJC….

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Was always amazed at folks waiting in line for an inning or two at citizens bank park for these. They are ok.

I don't disagree, but it's cool to see. Without the crab fries Chickie's and Pete's is very much a pedestrian sports bar/pub food place. Crab fries are awesome though.

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
I don't disagree, but it's cool to see. Without the crab fries Chickie's and Pete's is very much a pedestrian sports bar/pub food place. Crab fries are awesome though.
I once saw a young man with a bucket of the fries get attacked by a flock of seagulls on the OC NJ boardwalk while I was being served the same type bucket. It was like the Birds. I asked them to put mine in a bag. 🤣

Last edited:

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
Was always amazed at folks waiting in line for an inning or two at citizens bank park for these. They are ok.

I told this story on Rivals, but before the pitt game at PSU in 2017, there was a long line of pitt athletic supporters waiting to get into Primanti Bros. Not one person in line was wearing PSU garb.

• Wow
Reactions: step.eng69

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
I once saw a young man with a bucket of the fries get attacked by a flock of seagulls on the OC NJ boardwalk while I was being served the same bucket. It was like the Birds. I asked them to put mine in a bag. 🤣
Flock of Seagulls?

These guys?

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021

I'd say they're better than OK. They are quite good, IMHO.

As for the lines, yeah, there are a lot of crazy things that happen at Citizens Bank Park. Folks queue up in really long lines for cheesesteaks from Tony Luke's. The cheesesteaks are pretty good, but due to the demand they just make a bunch with the different options, and when you get to your food you're handed a cheesesteak (or you just pick up; I forget which one) that's already been cooked and wrapped, and has been sitting there for ??? I like Tony Luke's, but am not a fan of their operation at CBP.

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
We have problems. Staffing shortages. It's difficult to have my people call your people when no one has enough people. Being a trillion dollar conglomerate ain't what it used to be (sigh).
I can facilitate since I am retired but it can’t cut into my nap time or other “spare time” ventures. Check out one of my call center training videos!

LionsAndBears

Oct 13, 2021
We just got 1 at The Santander in Reading. Meh, I had it at The Bank years ago and they didn't do anything for me.

Got GSPs

Oct 7, 2021
I'd say they're better than OK. They are quite good, IMHO.

As for the lines, yeah, there are a lot of crazy things that happen at Citizens Bank Park. Folks queue up in really long lines for cheesesteaks from Tony Luke's. The cheesesteaks are pretty good, but due to the demand they just make a bunch with the different options, and when you get to your food you're handed a cheesesteak (or you just pick up; I forget which one) that's already been cooked and wrapped, and has been sitting there for ??? I like Tony Luke's, but am not a fan of their operation at CBP.
It’s been a few years but when at ACP I always go for a Schmidter or two… much better than a cheesesteak

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
It’s been a few years but when at ACP I always go for a Schmidter or two… much better than a cheesesteak

It's actually called a Schmitter. It's a combo of roast beef, salami, American cheese, sliced tomato, shaved onions, and a spread comprised of ketchup, relish, and Worcestershire sauce.

I know it wasn't wold at CBP during the 2016 season, as the guy that sold them had issues with where Aramark located the concession. I'm not a big fan of the Schmitter, so I haven't checked on it during recent seasons to see if it's returned to CBP.

Reactions: Got GSPs

Iionscott

Oct 6, 2021
It's actually called a Schmitter. It's a combo of roast beef, salami, American cheese, sliced tomato, shaved onions, and a spread comprised of ketchup, relish, and Worcestershire sauce.

I know it wasn't wold at CBP during the 2016 season, as the guy that sold them had issues with where Aramark located the concession. I'm not a big fan of the Schmitter, so I haven't checked on it during recent seasons to see if it's returned to CBP.
The home of the original Schmitter is McNallys in Chestnut Hill. McNallys is a great Irish pub. There sandwiches and soups are phenomenal.

Reactions: Got GSPs

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login