FC/OT: 2024 NCAA College Football Coaching Carousel...

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Could be a big year for the carousel - I think we may even see the biggest seat in the sport open up.

Potential Vacancies

- Florida
- Florida State
- Colorado
- Notre Dame
- Michigan
- Virginia Tech
- LSU
- Arkansas
- Baylor

LSU probably the 'longest shot' on the list, but if things go south LSU has shown they don't play around when it comes to keeping bad coaches. Michigan may set up Moore to be their fall guy, but I think expectations are fairly moderate in Ann Arbor - still, a big hit by the NCAA and maybe they shake the whole thing up. Freeman at ND may have a super hot seat if they don't make the CFP this year. I think Sanders is out at Colorado once Shadeur heads to the NFL. I don't believe Day is on the hot seat - they're probably gonna win the B1G. Pry might be out at VT if they have another 'meh' year (though he did improve in year two).

Thoughts?

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
USC looked good the first two weeks. But, if they stumble down the road, that might be an issue.
Minnesota- they may row the boat, but they seem to just tread water.
Illinois- Bielema had nice win vs. Kansas, but he has not had a good run in the time he has been there.

There are probably a couple of others that I cannot think of right now.

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
The deion hype train has brought a lot of money into CU and Boulder. How long will colorado hang onto deion if they are losing but the money is still rolling in? Of course, losing brings contempt quickly (we know all about that o_O ), so the well could run dry very fast if the losses pile up. Picture 1-7 colorado playing in Boulder in what looks like a pitt home game. Add in the media turning on deion, and the AD will have no choice but to sh|t can him. As always, it comes down to winning and losing, money, and the media.

Nittany1865Farmer

Oct 12, 2021
Could be a big year for the carousel - I think we may even see the biggest seat in the sport open up.

Potential Vacancies

- Florida
- Florida State
- Colorado
- Notre Dame
- Michigan
- Virginia Tech
- LSU
- Arkansas
- Baylor

LSU probably the 'longest shot' on the list, but if things go south LSU has shown they don't play around when it comes to keeping bad coaches. Michigan may set up Moore to be their fall guy, but I think expectations are fairly moderate in Ann Arbor - still, a big hit by the NCAA and maybe they shake the whole thing up. Freeman at ND may have a super hot seat if they don't make the CFP this year. I think Sanders is out at Colorado once Shadeur heads to the NFL. I don't believe Day is on the hot seat - they're probably gonna win the B1G. Pry might be out at VT if they have another 'meh' year (though he did improve in year two).

Thoughts?
With Pitt's AD fired today, could a good season by the Doozi be enough to save his job this year? New AD, new coach is usually the standard procedure.

BeerLion

Oct 12, 2021
I think unless VT doesn't go to a bowl, Pry is pretty safe. And if they miss a bowl, he probably will be on the hot seat next year but I don't think they will can him after only three years. Justin Fuente was there 5 years. He inherited a decent team and then went down hill. Pry inherited a bad team, so I think he'll get a little more time.

Reactions: Midnighter

Corner Room Breakfast

Oct 27, 2021

Potential Vacancies

- Florida
- Florida State
- Colorado
- Notre Dame
- Michigan
- Virginia Tech
- LSU
- Arkansas
- Baylor

Thoughts?
Florida - Fans were pushing him out before the season even started.
FSU- Safe just attitude hangover from last season
Colorado- Depends how long fans stop buying into the glamor hype
ND - Safe , team didn't take NIU seriously, but better take Army serious.
Michigan- The headset connection is gone, he's on his own, could be a tailspin.
VT- Brent is safe but a big upset can help him, plus beat your underdogs.
LSU- Safe , but can fans put up with 2 loss seasons, sound familiar.
Arkansas- I just think fans want a change there
Baylor - Burnt toast

Nits74

Oct 19, 2021

Potential Vacancies

- Florida
- Florida State
- Colorado
- Notre Dame
- Michigan
- Virginia Tech
- LSU
- Arkansas
- Baylor

Thoughts?
West Virginia might be added to this list. Going into last season the guy was in trouble. Their performance last year did save him, but if they F-up this year he could be gone.

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021

Potential Vacancies

- Florida
- Florida State
- Colorado
- Notre Dame
- Michigan
- Virginia Tech
- LSU
- Arkansas
- Baylor

Thoughts?

These are the betting odds for first coach fired before this past weekend per betonline. Not sure why Norvell doesn't show up on the list I copied. I think he was around +300. (FYI -300 means bet 300 to win 100. +300 means bet 100 to win 300.

Billy Napier, Florida (-300)
Sam Pittman, Arkansas (+200)
Dave Aranda, Baylor (+700)
Kalani Sitake, BYU (+1400)
Tony Elliott, Virginia (+1600)
Ryan Day, Ohio State (+2000)
Justin Wilcox, Cal (+2000)
Scott Satterfield, Cincinnati (+2000)
Mario Cristobal, Miami (+2000)
Shane Beamer, South Carolina (+2000)
Neal Brown, West Virginia (+2000)
Dabo Swinney, Clemson (+2000)
Pat Narduzzi, Pitt (+2200)
Clark Lea, Vanderbilt (+2500)
Brent Venables, Oklahoma (+3300)
Mike Locksley, Maryland (+3300)
Lincoln Riley, USC (+4000)
Deion Sanders, Colorado (+4000)

Last edited:

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Florida - Fans were pushing him out before the season even started.
FSU- Safe just attitude hangover from last season
Colorado- Depends how long fans stop buying into the glamor hype
ND - Safe , team didn't take NIU seriously, but better take Army serious.
Michigan- The headset connection is gone, he's on his own, could be a tailspin.
VT- Brent is safe but a big upset can help him, plus beat your underdogs.
LSU- Safe , but can fans put up with 2 loss seasons, sound familiar.
Arkansas- I just think fans want a change there
Baylor - Burnt toast

ND has had a bad loss in each of Freeman’s first three years. ND has patience though so maybe no movement in the short term. Will see what happens but if he goes, the dominos start falling…

WDLion

Oct 12, 2021
USC looked good the first two weeks. But, if they stumble down the road, that might be an issue.
Minnesota- they may row the boat, but they seem to just tread water.
Illinois- Bielema had nice win vs. Kansas, but he has not had a good run in the time he has been there.

There are probably a couple of others that I cannot think of right now.
Row the U-Boat.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021

So It Begins Helms Deep GIF by Giphy QA

Reactions: Bison13

Bvillebaron

Oct 12, 2021
These are the betting odds for first coach fired before this past weekend per betonline. Not sure why Norvell doesn't show up on the list I copied. I think he was around +300. (FYI -300 means bet 300 to win 100. +300 means bet 100 to win 300.

Billy Napier, Florida (-300)
Sam Pittman, Arkansas (+200)
Dave Aranda, Baylor (+700)
Kalani Sitake, BYU (+1400)
Tony Elliott, Virginia (+1600)
Ryan Day, Ohio State (+2000)
Justin Wilcox, Cal (+2000)
Scott Satterfield, Cincinnati (+2000)
Mario Cristobal, Miami (+2000)
Shane Beamer, South Carolina (+2000)
Neal Brown, West Virginia (+2000)
Dabo Swinney, Clemson (+2000)
Pat Narduzzi, Pitt (+2200)
Clark Lea, Vanderbilt (+2500)
Brent Venables, Oklahoma (+3300)
Mike Locksley, Maryland (+3300)
Lincoln Riley, USC (+4000)
Deion Sanders, Colorado (+4000)
Not sure why Norvell still has a job.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
The FSU debacle has all the makings of paving the way for Deion to leave Boulder and go to Tallahassee.

Wasn’t last year’s team a mostly portal team? That is difficult to maintain IMO. Deion would instantly get the recruits but I do t think he’s a good coach.

Reactions: WestSideLion

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Wasn’t last year’s team a mostly portal team? That is difficult to maintain IMO. Deion would instantly get the recruits but I do t think he’s a good coach.
Yes, it was. I don’t think Deion can recruit in the traditional manor. He recruits the portal and it appears to not really be working for him. However, he may be able to pull more high profile portal kids to FSU than he can at Colorado?

Corner Room Breakfast

Oct 27, 2021
The following year after Penn State won the NC in "82", they lost 3 in a row, "84" was worse with a 6- 5 record.
Don't recall anyone calling for Joe to go back then , a different time.

Reactions: NittanyBuff

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
The following year after Penn State won the NC in "82", they lost 3 in a row, "84" was worse with a 6- 5 record.
Don't recall anyone calling for Joe to go back then , a different time.
That was 40 years ago. Coaches weren’t getting fired nearly as much as they are today. Not to mention that Norvell doesn’t have a NC on his resume.

Corner Room Breakfast

Oct 27, 2021
That was 40 years ago. Coaches weren’t getting fired nearly as much as they are today. Not to mention that Norvell doesn’t have a NC on his resume.
My point is the fans were more understanding of development of teams,
and yes i know NIL or transfers didn't exist then . Fans want a NC now.

Reactions: LB99

Latest posts