FC/OT: Tennessee adding ‘talent fee’ to ticket prices…

Sharkies

Nov 1, 2021
Yikes -- appears the $10m donations have ended for the time being as well... going to make it that much harder when not only they want us to pay more per seat anyway (you know, the contract details Barry is/was trying to see, that they won't show us) but will have to do something like this in order to pay for the $20m a year on-going needed to pay the players...

Reminder: "Whereas the 2001 renovation added 12,000 seats to the stadium, as far as I can tell the $700 million project will add none," Fenchak wrote. "Instead it will focus on increasing revenues with premium amenities, but my own research suggests that these projections are overly optimistic. "

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Honestly, it sounds like a pretty smart move. I hate it and that this is what “college” sports have come to, but with it being what it is this makes sense.

Problem is there is no guardrails or rules to protect the players and schools; there is no way to regulate disbursement of talent as there is in every single other sport where athletes are paid (ie, draft). Something has to change really, really fast before this implodes.

kgilbert78

Oct 25, 2021
Yikes -- appears the $10m donations have ended for the time being as well... going to make it that much harder when not only they want us to pay more per seat anyway (you know, the contract details Barry is/was trying to see, that they won't show us) but will have to do something like this in order to pay for the $20m a year on-going needed to pay the players...

Reminder: "Whereas the 2001 renovation added 12,000 seats to the stadium, as far as I can tell the $700 million project will add none," Fenchak wrote. "Instead it will focus on increasing revenues with premium amenities, but my own research suggests that these projections are overly optimistic. "
That's the reason tOSU's stadium was passed by Beaver Stadium after both upgraded. Both stadia did get bigger (tOSU added a "D" deck) but many seats at Ohio Stadium were lost due to conversion into boxes and higher amenity areas (as well as removing the Stadium Scholarship Dorm that was once part of the stadium--I had students I taught living there in the late 70s). It worked for them--then (but Columbus has become a large city--14-15th in the US).

Reactions: step.eng69 and Tgar

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Hannah Im Out GIF by HannahWitton

Reactions: BobPSU92

Latest posts