Felton pissed:

Woof Man Jack

Apr 20, 2006
From Cleveland's blog:

"I very, very respectfully take great exception to the decision to make a team play two games in a row in games that are so important. I think everybody understands that this tournament is our only chance to make it to the National Tournament. I can't help but feel that when that decision was made, they made it knowing well that they were basically eliminating our chances of winning the tournament, making us play two games within hours against a team that's only going to play one game.

"But here we are, having to play the most important game of our season, the most important game to some guys' careers so far, after having just played hours earlier against a Mississippi State team that hasn't had to do so."
Felton also suggested playing a semi-final games at 9 and 11ish Sunday morning, then the Champ game in the afternoon. That kinda makes sense. One more thought, GA is playing for a spot in the NCAA tourny because they did not take care of business during the regular season. They're to blame for being in this position.

M

MsuD00D

To a point, he's right. But like you said, they didn't take care of business in the regular season. And, 2 games in a day or not, it is very highly unlikely that an undermanned UGA team is going to blow by UM, Kentucky, MSU, AND TN to win the SEC Tourney regardless of the situation.

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
... and by all accounts in Atlanta this morning both UK and UGA ad's were willing to do what it took to finish the tournament on time.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login