Fewest passing yards in the past two seasons

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
Last night Will threw for 214 yards which is the fewest yards that he has thrown. Was that an outlier or the norm? It was an outlier but most everyone on here acts like it is the norm and the offense has been terrible.

I get it. The offense **** the bed last night but step back from the keyboard.

Last edited:

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
I'm asking cause I flat couldn't tell . Was that due to LSU's game planning or our just not executing ? Seemed like a 50/50 combo of both.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
It was a bit of both. LSUs front 7 did a great job of getting pressure and they did some scheming to overload one side of the line which worked well.

Their DBs were physical but there were way too many catchable balls dropped. Many of them first downs.

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
I’m not sure. We didn’t seem to have receivers open and we dropped more passes than usual and Will was off and the OL/RB didn’t block well. It was a **** show offensively.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Make no mistake, LSU had a really well coached defense last night and their strength came through when they needed it. State didn’t make the plays on the few outstanding opportunities given to them. It’s what separates the decent teams from the great ones.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
So lsu figured out this offense in 1 half

1st half was no offensive clinic. Thought we lost the game in the first half. We were presented with field positions and opportunities that if we excuted could have led to a 3-4 Score lead at half but we didn't. The lack of execution picked up speed in the 2nd half but there were plays to be made even though LSU D played better in the 2nd half.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Having a QB that I can out run dosen't help **
I get that but you're wishing for too much. Leach has never had a QB they can throw it well enough, AND run. Because Johnny Footballs don't come around that often.

The reads were there last night. Rogers just didn't turn loose, and then on top of that we had a bunch of drops. It is what it is.

Sep 12, 2013
LSU rushed 4 and we still couldn’t complete passes or push the ball downfield.

If it wasn’t for two big runs by woody and DJ, people would be feeling a lot worse about this game imo.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
It’s easy to see what happened. We came in with a good plan on both sides. Didn’t make necessary adjustments to match LSU’s adjustments.

When Daniel’s stopped being a pocket passer we never recovered on D. We were gassed by the fourth.

LSU made defensive adjustments in the 2nd quarter, and their bigger, faster, stronger athletes took over.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
1. This wasn’t a non-conference opponent for Will to pile up numbers on
2. There wasn’t much SEC garbage time for Will to add to numbers, other than the one before his interception, that drive alone accounted for 40 of his 214. I would consider that garbage time.

Kenny.sixpack

Aug 23, 2021
This isn't true. We started rushing 6 or 7 on every play to contain him. We just couldn't get to him even rushing that many. Their 5 blocked ours well. We tried to make an adjustment, we just didn't have the athletes to do it.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
I didn’t say we didn’t make adjustments. I said necessary adjustments. Also said we never recovered once he started scrambling. We started putting a spy on him, but it was one of our slowest players. We sent 5-6 almost the whole game.
Instead of keeping him in the pocket and forcing him to pass we continued to let our d ends run themselves too far upfield taking them out of the play. It did 2 things. Made the true freshman tackle’s job easier, and gave a huge running lane to Daniels. Once he left left the pocket he had 10 yards before the next defender.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login