Final Football Grade C (excluding bowl game)

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
I’m throwing the bowl game out because it is an exhibition game and Covid.
Final season grades
Offense B- Rogers has shown a lot, but still lacks pocket awareness and he cannot stretch the field. He needs some competition in the spring
RB’s are serviceable but lack speed.
WR’s Walley has been a disappointment, Polk is a good possession receiver, maybe RaRa will be a big play receiver.
OL Cross will be a big loss. Finding a LT is priority

Defense C
DL no pass rush, decent against the run
LB consistent all season
CB best position group on team… gonna be tough to replace Emerson.
S not much speed and underperformed
Arnett needs to kick it up a notch next year

Special Teams D-
This really needs to be addressed in offseason. Poorly coached at all phases.

Leach C beating A&M and Auburn were good wins but you can’t get beat by Memphis, beating Ole Miss has to be a priority. We are paying a lot of money for average coaching.

Last edited:

patdog

May 28, 2007
I think that's a fair grade. Better than last year. Had a couple of really good games and a couple of really bad ones. Pretty mediocre overall. Need to do better in the years Vandy rotates onto the schedule.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
I think that's a fair grade. Better than last year. Had a couple of really good games and a couple of really bad ones. Pretty mediocre overall. Need to do better in the years Vandy rotates onto the schedule.
We could be a lot better team next year but have similar record as this year due to schedule.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
Well if you keep the bowl game like you should and don’t sugar coat it, then your average is an F or at best a D-

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
C is probably about right. They did some good things but they utterly crapped the bed far too many times. They have no room for regression on the ‘22 schedule and it’s probably going to be a struggle to get 7 wins.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login