Final NFL QBR rankings for the regular season

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Wait, I heard running QBs were the future
Well its not like JA/LJ are chopped liver.

Seemed to be a down year for QB’s in general. Perhaps due to all the injuries.

Take Dak for instance. Missed being first in QBR by the hair on a gnat’s áss, and had the best finish of his career there. But still only had the 3rd highest QBR of his own career.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

Take Dak for instance. Missed being first in QBR by the hair on a gnat’s áss, and had the best finish of his career there. But still only had the 3rd highest QBR of his own career.
And I recognize running doesn’t factor into QBR (or at least I don’t think). But we are still watching a couple of the best ones ever. It’s not the norm, along with maybe Cam and Vick.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
How many guys that are statues like Payton and Brady are still in the league? Not any doing well. All of these guys extend plays with their legs
Big difference in that and a run first QB

Our fans can’t seem to make that distinction

Joe Montana made plays with his feet 35 years ago

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Forrest4Moore

Nov 14, 2011
And I recognize running doesn’t factor into QBR (or at least I don’t think). But we are still watching a couple of the best ones ever. It’s not the norm, along with maybe Cam and Vick.
This one does take running into account. This the the “Total QBR” formula that became popular about 8 years ago.

Traditional QB Rating is now termed “Passer Rating”.

Too many stats nowadays.

patdog

May 28, 2007

Don't know if it's so much a down year for QBs or that the defenses have caught up the offensive passing schemes. The amount of defensive reads that are made mid-play is staggering.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014

Big difference between Jo Montana and the athleticism of was these days. And there aren't any run first qbs in the nfl. When people refer to running qbs. They mean dual threat qbs guys that can run. Not true pocket passers like eli, Payton, Brady. Guys that can't move are going extinct in the new nfl. Look at all the starters that are left in the playoffs.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005

And Steve Young followed making plays with his head. Literally! Both great QB's. They did have some help with a Mississippi Bad ***.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Big difference between Jo Montana and the athleticism of was these days. And there aren't any run first qbs in the nfl. When people refer to running qbs. They mean dual threat qbs guys that can run. Not true pocket passers like eli, Payton, Brady. Guys that can't move are going extinct in the new nfl. Look at all the starters that are left in the playoffs.
Tom Brady won a Super Bowl 3 years ago at like 43 years old. Old codger Rodgers was a commodity before he got hurt

Come on mane, you telling me Peyton would not tear the modern day NFL apart?

Of course he would

Last edited:

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Running does factor into QBR.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I know right?**

I wouldn’t be shocked if it’s any of the 3 QBs. Jackson seems to have the juice now but who knows.
Well, “who has the juice now” is who is going to win it….whoever that is. They do the voting now….just don’t announce it until several weeks later.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
1. Brock Purdy - 72.8
2. Dak Prescott - 72.6

Virtual deadlock, with both ahead of Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson by a decent amount. Dak actually led the league in the raw QBR ranking (before schedule adjustment) at 75.3. Purdy was at 73.0.
One is a system QB and one is not. Albeit it's one heck of a system that is extremely well coached and disciplined with some amazingly talented pieces.

Reactions: Perd Hapley
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login