Finally- Greg Ellis= Coach34

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
"Again, I didn't say he was a bad coach. He's just not in the elite status and won't until he can get out of the second round."

I 100% agree and have been saying so for years.

Also, he brought up an interesting thing- 4 West titles, yet no Coach of the Year honor. Interesting, cause Sixpack say West titles are all that matters and are a big deal

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
"Again, I didn't say he was a bad coach. He's just not in the elite status and won't until he can get out of the second round."

I 100% agree and have been saying so for years.

Also, he brought up an interesting thing- 4 West titles, yet no Coach of the Year honor. Interesting, cause Sixpack say West titles are all that matters and are a big deal

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
One sweet sixteen does not an 'elite' coach make.
If you're talking about SEC, maybe it gets him closer.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
after we lost to Georgia, was about 10 beers deep, and 300 lighter in the pocket. But you know as well as anyone i've stayed pretty consistent on the average floor coach opinion.

**edited to add**- notice the 3:10 am post

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
I know I hurt your feelings talking about your man Meo...but i have been very consistent with average floor coach. Let us not forget your post after the game as well. Dont be a hypocrit

G

Goat Holder

I think we lost that game because Georgia was hot. They just beat us. Teams that are playing good can make gameplans look bad. That is a fact that gets forgotten in sports many times. I posted this Saturday and got railed on it.

Not to mention that we couldn't get a shot to fall to save our life.

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
if he gets past the 2nd round, you will consider him an elite coach? Because that's what your new best pal Gregg Ellis said.

It's sad how you will latch on to the slightest thing to crow about being right. A beat writer from a **** newspaper in Tupelo echoes something you say, and suddenly you are vindicated and have to brag about it. Pathetic.

Also, I think everyone on this board knows that you are full of **** when you say you think he's average. You have a track record of being full of ****, first off. Secondly, you trash the guy way too much and get far too excited when we lose. Thirdly, a drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts. You made it perfectly clear what you think of Stansbury after the UGA game. Hell, even I was pissed at him. But you said what we all know you've been thinking.

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
Coach you should know by now that you can never change your mind on this board
and no matter what you say in the future you will be held to your previous comments.

Hanmudog

Apr 30, 2006
Making a good NCAA tournament run opens up bigger and better opportunities for these great coaches like coaching at Arkansas State.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
at this point in his career he isnt wanting to go to a smaller school and build a program? He is getting plenty of money from LSU, its not like he had to take it

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
MSUCostanza said:
if he gets past the 2nd round, you will consider him an elite coach? Because that's what your new best pal Gregg Ellis said.

</p>Nope, he will do what he always does and change the argument to suit his needs. The Elite 8 might become the new standard, or perhaps he'll bring up Rick's NCAA record, or perhaps he'll say "it took him long enough." All I know is he'll continue to brag about the accomplishments of Arkansas, even though they haven't been to the Sweet 16 since we were last there, and he'll continue to make excuses for LSU's recent struggles. All the while he'll rag on Rick for everything little thing. Why? There are two reasons - 1) he isn't a fan of MSU, but rather likes the other two schools listed above more and 2) he likes pulling the board's chain just for laughs. Williecunningham nailed him in that thread linked above.

Columbus Dawg

Feb 23, 2008
Who won Coach of the Year when we went undefeated on the road and won the SEC regular season title? I think that might say more about how his peers feel about him than it does his accomplishments.

As far as not being an elite coach, of course he's not. You have to do something in the tourney before you can call yourself an elite coach.

G

Goat Holder

I mean, dude got fired. He's still be there if it was up to him. You are reaching now. Nobody wants to downgrade. Even Jackie took a few years off after A&M. And even he didn't downgrade, he took what he could.</p>

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
That's the weakest reply I've ever read on this board. Yeah, and I'm sure Mike Dubose would rather have coached high school ball than at Alabama. You would have been better off ignoring that one like you did willie's in the other thread. Your love affair with Brady is disturbing to say the least. Perhaps the reason he is at Arky State is because he isn't a good coach. Perhaps nobody wanted a coach described by a former player as being all about himself rather than the team. No, it can't be that. It's because he got plenty of money from LSU and wants to build up a program at a smaller school.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
of what Coach "would say"...aGAIN, lets see the great Ricky Stansbury make a Sweet 16. You have no idea what the hell I would say

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
whether he works or not in the upcoming season. He didnt have to take this job. Yes he got fired. Yes he is not as consistent as Ricky. But you cant deny the fact that he didnt have to take this job.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
Coach34 said:
at this point in his career he isnt wanting to go to a smaller school and build a program? He is getting plenty of money from LSU, its not like he had to take it

Good God you sound stupid here. If Stansbury would have been fired and taken a job at ASU all you would talking about is how no big program wanted him and beat your chest about Stans not being a very good coach
</p>

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
But some people have to settle for certain positions if they want to work in a certain field again. Brady could have held out but I seriously doubt he would have gotten a much better offer. Washing out at LSU the way he did after all the talent that came through there doesn't exactly put your name highly on coaching lists.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
Also, I continue to be amazed by your nicknaming ability. Meo, Stormwhiner - nice. I'm on the edge of my seat for your next nickname. Perhaps you'll throw one out for HD6 or DS soon. Then again maybe not.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
hell, Bobby Knight is one of the best college coaches of all-time and currently its winningest. Yet, when Indiana fired him, people werent exactly knocking down his door to come coach. Brady is an *** and has some character flaws for sure. But he has achieved something Ricky hasnt and never will- Sweet 16 and and FF. And that is something that Ricky's strives for year after year, yet fails to accomplish. Ricky cant accomplish something that Brady has.

Dec 8, 2006
Gregg is very good at his job. You, not so much.

Gregg's point is that Stansbury isn't an elite coach yet. I think most here would agree with that (please find those people here who said winning SEC West titles was all that matters). We all want to reach the next level. But to continue to degrade a coach with Stansbury's record makes you look foolish.

You are wrong on most things and once again, you misread this article to try to make a point. I doubt Ellis would agree with you that Stansbury sucks and is a moron. And I doubt that Ellis when called on his idiocy would trot out "I was drunk when I said that."

You sir are a joke and why you are allowed to stay here to destroy this board is beyond comprehension. There has to be a good reason, but for the life of me, I can't figure it out.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
because nobody on this board EVER has a change of opinion or contradicts themselves after a big loss or when we do something stupid and unexpected. Guess you werent around after losses to Butler, Xavier, and others over the years when the board has gone into meltdown mode.

Hanmudog

Apr 30, 2006
Like finishing last in the SEC a couple of times and getting fired midseason only to be shown up by your assistant who won 5 times as many games in the SEC. Bravo Coach Brady. Bravo.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
Coach34 said:
because nobody on this board EVER has a change of opinion or contradicts themselves after a big loss or when we do something stupid and unexpected. Guess you werent around after losses to Butler, Xavier, and others over the years when the board has gone into meltdown mode.

Both of those teams went on to make decent runs uin the tournament and beating some damn good teams if I remember right. Sometimes you just get matched up with times that are hot as hell. Not much you can do, unless of course you are coach34. he would never lose those games with the ability he has
</p>

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
it was the point that this board has blown up after some big losses in all sports and people have contradicted themselves over and over...this time, its only a big deal because its me. Of course, when you are an elitist, you learn that there are different rules for you as opposed to everybody else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login