Fire Chris Jans was actually said in the game thread today

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
Glad we showed up today. The four game losing streak was inexplicable. Thankfully we did enough work in the beginning and middle of the season to make the NCAAs (presumably). First back-to-back appearances since 2008-2009.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Glad we showed up today. The four game losing streak was inexplicable. Thankfully we did enough work in the beginning and middle of the season to make the NCAAs (presumably). First back-to-back appearances since 2008-2009.
Our four game losing streak was against three probable Sweet 16 at least teams and another on the road against a bubble team. One was at the buzzer and another was in OT. It’s not like we lost to crap teams. We played a non-NCAA tourney team today and won by double digits. We are a typical lower seeded Power 5 team. Will probably be a 10 seed, which is what several of y’all on here wanted to be instead of an 8.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
State was favored in two of those games, but fair enough. Disappointing is probably a better term than inexplicable.
I agree with you on that. I was disappointed we didn’t win at least one. Felt we should’ve beaten SC at home. But we needed a win today and we nutted up the second half and got it. We should be in the tourney and Chris Jans will have taken us to more NCAA Tournaments in his first two seasons than we had gone to combined from 2010-2022

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Our four game losing streak was against three probable Sweet 16 at least teams and another on the road against a bubble team. One was at the buzzer and another was in OT. It’s not like we lost to crap teams. We played a non-NCAA tourney team today and won by double digits. We are a typical lower seeded Power 5 team. Will probably be a 10 seed, which is what several of y’all on here wanted to be instead of an 8.

This is exactly right. It wasn't fun as a fan, but we didn't really play a bad game in that entire stretch. Those were all NCAA Tourney caliber games and we were in all of them with the exception of Auburn @ Auburn

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
LSU might be the scrubbiest scrubs I've ever seen in the SEC.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I am for the baseball coach being fired at any time. Before, during and after would be ok.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
It’s funny how so many college fans expect to dominate every game from beginning to end. A come from behind or close win feels like a loss.

Don’t really see that at other levels - professional or even high school. Pros are even kind of the opposite. Don’t give a 17 how you play, as long as you win.

Reactions: The Fatboy

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
It’s funny how so many college fans expect to dominate every game from beginning to end. A come from behind or close win feels like a loss.

Don’t really see that at other levels - professional or even high school. Pros are even kind of the opposite. Don’t give a 17 how you play, as long as you win.

The truth of the SEC this year was there was one weak team (Vandy) and one truly bad team (Mizzou).

And 12 pretty good to outstanding teams

That's a tough league.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012

Is it college fans or just Mississippi State fans? Some of them just really don’t understand basketball. It’s a game of runs. You can be down 10 in the first half and win by 20. No need to go freaking crazy when we’re down by five points in the first half.

Reactions: The Fatboy

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Is it college fans or just Mississippi State fans? Some of them just really don’t understand basketball. It’s a game of runs. You can be down 10 in the first half and win by 20. No need to go freaking crazy when we’re down by five points in the first half.
What's our biggest comeback this year? From 9?

Turfdoc992

Oct 3, 2022
I believe we are now 8-0 on neutral floors. MSU lost to some tough teams at home. Kentucky - Probably count MSU wins against Kentucky since 2000 on one hand. Played a strong Alabama team close at the Hump make a few more free throws maybe a different outcome, MSU really poor from the line that night as I remember. The only home loss hard to explain is Southern, and in that one it seemed like the team quit early.

Go in as 10 seed draw a mid-level Pac12 team (7) and pound them into the court, then run up against a mid-major with a great record but no real size, who got a 2 seed, and eek out a close win and viola your a sweet 16 team.

Reactions: MSUDOG24

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
We scored 48 points in the second half. We shot over 50% from the field. it would be nice if we could figure out how to shoot that way in the first half everyone of these games that we have lost lately we have come out of the gates very slow. we were slow but we weren't able to hit anything. Luckily they weren't able to hit a whole lot themselves.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login