Fire him.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
I think you have to seriously consider it at this point. Maybe give it a few more games to see but if there isn't any improvement, let someone else take the reigns for the rest of the season
Give him more games? The guy has had MONTHS to prepare for…Austin Peay! And they STILL lost. These past two games should’ve been BP for our guys. Is Goat the next to get the axe before Lemon?

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Dude was turned down by the Nicholls State coach last year who was offered a much bigger salary.

Reactions: LocalBeachBum

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Give him more games? The guy has had MONTHS to prepare for…Austin Peay! And they STILL lost. These past two games should’ve been BP for our guys. Is Goat the next to get the axe before Lemon?
Ya know, I've been kinda blaming Gautreau for the other two losses this season since the pitching has been better, but we actually put runs on the board today and pitching couldn't stop them.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
I think you have to seriously consider it at this point. Maybe give it a few more games to see but if there isn't any improvement, let someone else take the reigns for the rest of the season
Why ?
Why give it a few more games?
Do you seriously think it’s going to magically get better ?

Reactions: Anon1697564126

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
It really does make you realize how 17n fortunate we were to have Tanner and Rowdy as team leaders and Jake before that. Without those men and their work ethic and leadership, we'd be even further in the hole.

Yes, Zach may as well finish it now.

Msuirondawgs

Mar 18, 2023
It really does make you realize how 17n fortunate we were to have Tanner and Rowdy as team leaders and Jake before that. Without those men and their work ethic and leadership, we'd be even further in the hole.

Yes, Zach may as well finish it now.
Completely agree. Man, to only look back 3 years ago now. We knew we had it good, Im just not sure we knew how good. Sad AF.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I just found out that we lost this game to Austin Peay. If he was tired of coaching, it should not have come back. He should've already quit and saved us from having to to fire his ***

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Ya know, I've been kinda blaming Gautreau for the other two losses this season since the pitching has been better, but we actually put runs on the board today and pitching couldn't stop them.
He's a shell of who he was. Don't know if lemonis tinkered there or what but he made a huge difference for our hitters when he came with Cann.

Reactions: Dawgg

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
He's a shell of who he was. Don't know if lemonis tinkered there or what but he made a huge difference for our hitters when he came with Cann.
Yeah, I remember a time when there was a huge fear that he was going to leave to take a HC job somewhere and lamentation about how much our hitting might drop off if he did. There was also talk on here that he maybe should have been promoted to take over after Cann.

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
We got spotted 6 free runs thanks to bases loaded walks, plus another 2 free runs because their CF lost a ball in the lights. 8 free runs, and we can't beat Austin 17 Peay?!?! Minus the freebies, we managed to score 4 runs on 10 hits across two games. The ineptitude of our offense is mind-boggling. I feel like that scene in Moneyball - Lemonis is the scout and he keeps telling us "he's a good hitter" and we're all Brad Pitt going "if he's a good hitter, why doesn't he hit good?"

Reactions: Dawgg and patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login