First Fall Cold Front

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
For those of you sick of the summer heat and humidity and ready for fall, the first real cold front of the season looks to push through next Tuesday. Models have been in good agreement for a while now for a dry front to move through the state early Tuesday morning. There won't be a massive drop off in temps with this front with the highs Tuesday looking to be in the low 80's, but the humidity will be scoured out with dew points down in the mid 40's instead of the mid 70's we have been experiencing for so long. We still probably have some hot days left but the summer ridge pattern is finally starting to break down into a fall pattern.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
More of a 'cool' front than a 'cold' front but I'll happily take it. Only in Mississippi can the temps drop into the 60's and be called a cold front.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
I played golf today and it wasn't bad out there. A nice breeze kept it somewhat cool. But I am ready for Fall weather.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
It hasn’t been hot here for almost 3 weeks.

That's like saying gas prices aren't high. Yeah, they aren't as high as three months ago, but they're still high.

It was 93 degrees with stupid humidity at my place on Labor Day.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
There aren’t words to describe how sick I am of the summer heat this year. Yeah, we’ve finally gotten a break from the triple digit temps for the last 3 weeks, but now it’s that perfect mix of heat and rain that means your lawn NEVER STOPS GROWING. I’ve been mowing every 4-5 days lately, and I still can’t keep up

Bring on the cooler temps, fire pits, and less yard work

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
June was hot in central Ms. but July and August were relatively mild compared to some the really hot summers we've had.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
That's like saying gas prices aren't high. Yeah, they aren't as high as three months ago, but they're still high.

It was 93 degrees with stupid humidity at my place on Labor Day.

I don't know, Low 90's is nice weather to me. Or high 80's as long as the water is already warm. Certainly mid to high 70's is more comfortable if you don't want to do anything in the water, but low 90's, especially in July and august, in order to have comfortable water is a worthwhile tradeoff to me.

No denying June sucked this year, but I feel like July and August have mostly made up for it.

ByTor SnowDawg

Nov 4, 2021
This has been a normal old time Mississippi summer like back in the 60's and 70's. Hotter than hell with a 100's heat wave, with occasional rain breaks in between, and HUMID, the way it's supposed to be!
I love it and I'm in my 60's. True, the Jackson area has gotten a tad too much rain causing many issues, but Jackson's water problem has been there since I lived there back early '80's and discussed ad nauseum.
Now for the good part, happy to see the dry front coming through to cool things and if the persimmon seeds are right, break out your snow shovels, in NE MS anyway. They have been spoons from different
trees in multiple locales. Get ready.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
How far south

Dry air looks to push down everywhere except maybe the immediate coast. Could see points in the 50's down to around I-20 and low to mid 60's down to around Poplarville / Wiggins line. South of there may stay in the low 70's.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
For those of you sick of the summer heat and humidity and ready for fall, the first real cold front of the season looks to push through next Tuesday. Models have been in good agreement for a while now for a dry front to move through the state early Tuesday morning. There won't be a massive drop off in temps with this front with the highs Tuesday looking to be in the low 80's, but the humidity will be scoured out with dew points down in the mid 40's instead of the mid 70's we have been experiencing for so long. We still probably have some hot days left but the summer ridge pattern is finally starting to break down into a fall pattern.

Good for you guys. We're forecast to be around 100 the entire month. Y'all watch out for the la la land GFS later in the month. Sooner or later it might be right.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I don't know, Low 90's is nice weather to me. Or high 80's as long as the water is already warm. Certainly mid to high 70's is more comfortable if you don't want to do anything in the water, but low 90's, especially in July and august, in order to have comfortable water is a worthwhile tradeoff to me.

No denying June sucked this year, but I feel like July and August have mostly made up for it.

August has definitely been milder. Personally, I hate it if the temperature is above 75. I'm very much a late fall/ winter person.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
This has been a normal old time Mississippi summer like back in the 60's and 70's. Hotter than hell with a 100's heat wave, with occasional rain breaks in between, and HUMID, the way it's supposed to be! I love it and I'm in my 60's.

Username doesn't check out.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
That figures. That's one thing I miss about living further north. I do miss crisp air this time of year. Down here on I 10 it never gets that cold. We have the coast so it's a good trade most of the time. Outdoor eating and hanging out in fall winter is still shorts and tshirts most of the time. That's nice. Never really worry about ice either. Not as many tornadoes. Just the mean *** hurricanes. But those don't come too often to the same spot.

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018

Fantastic, thanks for the great news. I’m ready for some 40’s nights and 60’s days. Makes one feel alive to walk outside in the early morning and see their breath in the air.

Especially when their walking down to the hardwoods to snipe some squirrels.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004

My man!!

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login