First pitch tomorrow moved to UPDATE 4 PM

patdog

May 28, 2007
May be able to get the game In before the storms. Then maybe play 2 on Saturday to get the series in.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Size is about right.
We, nor anyone else are ever going to be in the hunt every single year.
Ups and downs happen. Unfortunately our down is too down right now.
and what's looking like 2 downs in a row, at least

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
No. Finishing last and looking like you may finish last for a 2nd year in a row doesn't happen to everyone. It never happened to us until 2008. Bianco is in his 23rd year at Mississippi and its never happened to him. It shouldn't ever happen at Mississippi State either.
ETA: my entire point is the stadium was built pretty damn close to perfect. The fact I can't sell SEC weekend tickets attests to that.

everyone has bad years including 2 or 3 in a row
how bad fluctuates
If you don't make a regional, coming in last place or 13 or 12 or 11 doesn't matter.

If Ole Miss doesn't win the natty last year, no one would swap our lows and highs for their "consistency".

ole missachievementmsu
1natty1
2cws4
6super4
3regional1
7did not host5
3did not make6

patdog

May 28, 2007
ETA: my entire point is the stadium was built pretty damn close to perfect. The fact I can't sell SEC weekend tickets attests to that.

how bad fluctuates
If you don't make a regional, coming in last place or 13 or 12 or 11 doesn't matter.

If Ole Miss doesn't win the natty last year, no one would swap our lows and highs for their "consistency".

ole missachievementmsu
1natty1
2cws4
6super4
3regional1
7did not host5
3did not make6
That's a lot more "did not make" seasons for us. Twice as many. And it completely ignores the fact that our "did not make" seasons were a lot worse than theirs. Also, you could flip your last statement around. If we don't win that title in 2021, no one would swap their record for ours. Bottom line is, we've got some real problems in our baseball program if we're finishing last so often. If this keeps happening, you may be right that we built the stadium the right size.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
That's a lot more "did not make" seasons for us. Twice as many. And it completely ignores the fact that our "did not make" seasons were a lot worse than theirs. Also, you could flip your last statement around. If we don't win that title in 2021, no one would swap their record for ours. Bottom line is, we've got some real problems in our baseball program if we're finishing last so often. If this keeps happening, you may be right that we built the stadium the right size.
I think you missed the very first line of my post ETA

But you do you patdog.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I think you missed the very first line of my post ETA

But you do you patdog.
I'm sorry you can't sell your tickets during a historically bad time for our program and during a potential tornado outbreak.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012

how bad fluctuates

ole missachievementmsu
1natty1
2cws4
6super4
3regional1
7did not host5
3did not make6

Which span of years is this? IT obviously includes 2022, but where did you start?

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I'm sorry you can't sell your tickets during a historically bad time for our program and during a potential tornado outbreak.
I don't care about not selling the tickets.

I do find it hilarious the number of people who b!tch about something they have no logical understanding of and then don't take advantage of the opportunity of the very thing they whine about.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
The way you formatted it is confusing. It looks like we only went to 4 supers when we went to 9. I realize what you were doing but it misrepresents how well we have done since it looks like OM a has been to more Supers.

Reactions: stateu1

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
The way you formatted it is confusing. It looks like we only went to 4 supers when we went to 9. I realize what you were doing but it misrepresents how well we have done since it looks like OM a has been to more Supers.
Understood. Just did it as quick as possible.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I don't care about not selling the tickets.

I do find it hilarious the number of people who b!tch about something they have no logical understanding of and then don't take advantage of the opportunity of the very thing they whine about.
You have to admit that the predicted weather at least plays a factor in not being able to sell the tickets. And now game times are being shifted. It’s not like it’s going to be sunny and 80 all weekend.

Reactions: patdog

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
You have to admit that the predicted weather at least plays a factor in not being able to sell the tickets. And now game times are being shifted. It’s not like it’s going to be sunny and 80 all weekend.
See my thread i just started about the rest of the season.

I can assure you there won't be a better deal than that for season tickets IF demand is anywhere close to what some people on here claim. Yes I understand demand is down this year. But you can't assume when building a stadium that demand is going to be as high as giraffe v@gina every year.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

Yeah I mean today’s game is now at 4 PM. I bet there aren’t 2,000 there for that. Folks have to get off work, travel, etc.

Reactions: patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login