First time in the hump since the renovations

civildawg88

Aug 22, 2012
We put lipstick on a pig. I actually really like the exterior but the interior looks so cheap. Go in the men's bathroom and there are multiple pipes that couldn't be moved so there are cutouts that look like someone with a pocket knife cutout in the ceiling for them. We should have just started over or just did what we did to the exterior. Thanks cohen

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
We put lipstick on a pig. I actually really like the exterior but the interior looks so cheap. Go in the men's bathroom and there are multiple pipes that couldn't be moved so there are cutouts that look like someone with a pocket knife cutout in the ceiling for them. We should have just started over or just did what we did to the exterior. Thanks cohen
It’s better than I expected honestly and the concourse is infinitely better.

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
HUMP looks fine to me. Should be good for at least another 10-15 years. 9500 capacity is perfect for our program. Auburn and Ole Miss with brand new facilities are the same. New facilities and renovations are all going to smaller arenas, but with more premium seating.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Also the concessions operate much better now as grab and go. Stood in line before the game and at halftime for maybe 2 minutes.
This is probably the best part of it. The concourse may be wider but they feel far wider bc concession lines aren’t backed up to the wall preventing foot traffic. The large entrances give a good impression but it also seems like a lot of wasted space. If the true number is $35 mill I’m fine with it in today’s world. Basketball arenas don’t attract talent. But we should have done it all long ago when money and supplies
Were cheap.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
This is probably the best part of it. The concourse may be wider but they feel far wider bc concession lines aren’t backed up to the wall preventing foot traffic. The large entrances give a good impression but it also seems like a lot of wasted space. If the true number is $35 mill I’m fine with it in today’s world. Basketball arenas don’t attract talent. But we should have done it all long ago when money and supplies
Were cheap.
Yep probably picked the absolute worst time to try and do a renovation.

Reactions: Crossroaddawg

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
The average fan got better concessions and that's about it, but it is better for those that frequent the concessions. Otherwise it sounds like a lot of money spent on the club level which most don't get to see, you know, like the LFL.........

Reactions: BulldawgFan

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
But did you TIP for the grab and go??
I did tip because the tip money goes to whatever high school booster club is working the concession stands. A friend of mine works the concession stand every couple of weeks and happened to be working the other night. The tip on their machines went to the Eupora High School booster club.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login