First time this season seeing the men's team in person last night...

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Let's start with the good. We play very good defense. Everybody playing hard with active hands and feet. Kept us in the game despite what I am going to describe below.

Now for the offense. This is perhaps the worst offense I have ever witnessed at State. The only good thing I can say is the effort is there. There is none of the stand around offense that we saw from Howland. But we suck in so many ways it is shocking. We can't drive the ball into the paint. We can't pass it into the paint. We can't score from two feet away when we do get it into the paint. We can't make the three. We can't score in transition, and we are absolutely PUTRID at the foul line. The jokes that 8 year old rec teams at the Y can shoot better at the foul line are not jokes. I seriously think we could shoot just as good from the stripe if we closed our eyes and just threw it up blind. As I stated in another thread, UGA has a 2nd half promo where they throw t-shirts into the crowd anytime their opponent misses two consecutive foul shots. They had to have set a records last night. After about the 4th giveaway the effort became a bit half-hearted with the number and quality of shirts seeming to drop off considerably.

I am optimistic about what Jans can do at State but I don't see us doing much this season. I do not see us winning more than 4 or 5 more games this season unless something changes drastically.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login