Flag Burning

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
All the social media discussions about burning the American flags - freedom of speech?, you own it do what you wand?, 1 year in prison for burning it? Made me think.

I believe the governor of Louisiana issued something back in 80s or early 90s that assaulting someone that is burning an American flag was a misdemeanor with maximum fine of $25 or something close to that. It was probably overruled in some court but I think it should be national policy.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
Burn a gov owned flag, it's a problem.
Burn you own flag, not that much of deal, as I have learned last day or so.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I just wish no one would pay any of the glad burners any attention.

Im not saying burning the flag should be ok, im just saying all these people want is attention. It’s like my 4 year old son throwing a temper tantrum because I don’t give him something. Once he realizes I don’t give a **** about him crying on the floor, he stops. These people are essentially toddlers throwing a fit. Just ignore them and they will eventually just go away

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
All the social media discussions about burning the American flags - freedom of speech?, you own it do what you wand?, 1 year in prison for burning it? Made me think.

I believe the governor of Louisiana issued something back in 80s or early 90s that assaulting someone that is burning an American flag was a misdemeanor with maximum fine of $25 or something close to that. It was probably overruled in some court but I think it should be national policy.
I totally understand your passion but I also found Scalia's statement compelling why it should not be a crime. A good azz whoopin' would not bother me though

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
It isn't so much as the actual burning of the flag but it's the symbolism.... there are just to many people in this country that come here for prosperity but They don't give a damn about the USA other than a check.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Burning our countries flag is wrong but as far as I know it’s not illegal. It is the destruction of somebody’s property and should be prosecuted as such to the fullest extent possible. As should the vandalism of public property and monuments.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
I just wish no one would pay any of the glad burners any attention.

Im not saying burning the flag should be ok, im just saying all these people want is attention. It’s like my 4 year old son throwing a temper tantrum because I don’t give him something. Once he realizes I don’t give a **** about him crying on the floor, he stops. These people are essentially toddlers throwing a fit. Just ignore them and they will eventually just go away
I understand your sentiment but in this instance I can't agree. The burning of the flag was bad enough but these protestors are in our nation's Capitol and base on reports they replaced the remaining American flags with Palestinian flags. That can't stand. That can't be ignored. You find out how committed to their cause these protestors are by brute force.

Reports are the protestors were bussed in and were paid to be there. I don't know if that's true but if it is my guess is their resolve could be broken quite easily.

Reactions: preacher_dawg

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
It isn't so much as the actual burning of the flag but it's the symbolism.... there are just to many people in this country that come here for prosperity but They don't give a damn about the USA other than a check.
This all day. Our immigration policy couldn't BE more 17'D. So you like killing gays, Jews, terrorism and treating women as chattel? Come on Over!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login