Flarda in the market for DB and Co-DC coaches now with us.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Arnette might end up there but that might be toxic trying to attract any of our current DB's. I think some West Coast School will get Arnette.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Arnette might end up there but that might be toxic trying to attract any of our current DB's. I think some West Coast School will get Arnette.
I'm probably wired differently but faced w/ staying at home w/ 2 young kids and making $4.5 million the next 3 years or going to another team as a DC and having to recruit, travel, deal w/ the shat that is NIL, blah blah blah, I'm staying at the house and working in the yard and enjoying my kids. Not many parents have that luxury

Pookieray

Oct 14, 2012
I'm probably wired differently but faced w/ staying at home w/ 2 young kids and making $4.5 million the next 3 years or going to another team as a DC and having to recruit, travel, deal w/ the shat that is NIL, blah blah blah, I'm staying at the house and working in the yard and enjoying my kids. Not many parents have that luxury
I would think being out of the game would put you way behind for future employment, depending on the length of time of course.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
He is not even 40, he needs to be visible and successful now or he will be an afterthought. I don't believe he has the demeanor to be a head coach again, but if that is his goal, then sitting out would be a terrible idea. This is not the same situation as a Mullen or Meyer.

Del B Vista

Dec 9, 2010
I can’t imagine they fired him and then told him he has no other choice but to go get another job. I’d tell them to go screw themselves
It's written into the contract when they sign it. It's pretty standard to require folks to make folks pursue another job. One of the remarkable piece of information about the Jimbo Fisher contract is that there was no offset language in it, so he gets the full deal whether he seeks employment, gets employed or neither.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I would only be seeking jobs that I knew I had no chance of getting.
Kind of like the lazy arses drawing unemployment I once had to try and hire. Here's how the interview with them went.
-You got a way to get to work every day? "Well my old lady can bring me on her days off, but I aint got no car
-You got a drivers license? "Naw, suspended"
-You got any health problems? "Well I hurt my back a few months ago on another job but its getting better I think"
NEXT!

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012
It's written into the contract when they sign it. It's pretty standard to require folks to make folks pursue another job. One of the remarkable piece of information about the Jimbo Fisher contract is that there was no offset language in it, so he gets the full deal whether he seeks employment, gets employed or neither.
Mullen’s contract at FL was same as Fisher. Ogeron’s buyout said he couldn’t coach or recruit for another SEC team for a season or two. It all depends on the deal Arnett agreed to.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login