Fletcher Cox

Scottfield1

Nov 21, 2013
Does he have a chance to become State’s first HOF? 1 1st team NFL all pro, 3x 2nd team all pro, 6 x Pro Bowler, 2010 all decade team.

Reactions: eckie1

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
Isn't he one of the players that never seems to credit Mississippi State and usually says his High School if they have that intro in a game?

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Isn't he one of the players that never seems to credit Mississippi State and usually says his High School if they have that intro in a game?
Yeah..........rumor around Yazoo City is that Fletcher will fund their new $50 million state-of-the-art IPF. ***

Reactions: Brew_Dawg

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
Stats from that era are not as complete as they are today, but other than being a starter on a fairly elite team throughout his career, nothing really stands out. No All Pro selections, not even a Pro Bowl which is a little surprising.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Does Kent even get Mentioned in HOF Discussions? His NFL career warrants a HOF induction IMO. Jones, Cox & Simmons will have their shots. Here's a look down STATE Memory Lane:

If you'd have asked me I would have guessed Kent Hull was already in. Starter for the bills for like a decade, 4 time 1st or second team all pro selection. Do the HOF centers or OL have longer and better peaks than that?

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Fletcher is definitely a HOF candidate. But Lewis and Hull both should be in the H.O.F. by now. 17n travesty.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
If you'd have asked me I would have guessed Kent Hull was already in. Starter for the bills for like a decade, 4 time 1st or second team all pro selection. Do the HOF centers or OL have longer and better peaks than that?
Here's a great short article explaining why Kent's not gettin' any HOF Love but should be. I sat next to Kent in geometry class one year in H.S. and I can tell you without a doubt he was a damn good student and smart as hell so when I read about Jim Kelley and Coach levy talking about Kent being the brains behind that new style of O, I know fo sho they ain't exaggerating. Kent was a quiet but definitely not shy kinda dude but when he spoke, it was damn well worth listening to. BTW, I was the first fan he embraced after the last play of the 6-3 Bamer Game and I'll never forget him yelling "SAL, WE DID IT!" as he picked my 130lb A$$ (at that time) up and scared the schit outta me. LOL he was no longer the much slender H.S. Version.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Great Life, business and sports History Here of Kent's and not too long. I either forgot or never knew he had been waiting on a Liver Transplant for 9 months when he died. Great Videos too of team mates talking about him.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
I don't even have to look at the list of HoF inductees to know that guys with a lot slimmer resumes have gotten in. Similar to the Heisman, it's a popularity contest, and Kent was like the chubby girl who graduates summa *** laude, was class president, and volunteers at all the school fundraisers. All her classmates know her value to their class, but no one ever asked her out.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
I don't even have to look at the list of HoF inductees to know that guys with a lot slimmer resumes have gotten in. Similar to the Heisman, it's a popularity contest, and Kent was like the chubby girl who graduates summa *** laude, was class president, and volunteers at all the school fundraisers. All her classmates know her value to their class, but no one ever asked her out.
L-O-L at big brother not letting me type summa C-U-M laude.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login