Flo and Eddie’s cheese sticks

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Trying something new today. Flo and Eddie’s was gone by the time I got to state. I’ve heard how good the cheese sticks were and seen you guys talk about them. I’m cooking some turkey nuggets from a turkey I killed this season, I figured while the grease is hot, I’d give these a try.

If you have not ventured over to six pack remembers in a while, it’s pretty funny.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Trying something new today. Flo and Eddie’s was gone by the time I got to state. I’ve heard how good the cheese sticks were and seen you guys talk about them. I’m cooking some turkey nuggets from a turkey I killed this season, I figured while the grease is hot, I’d give these a try.

If you have not ventured over to six pack remembers in a while, it’s pretty funny.
So…share the recipe for us

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009

The best I’ve had, but to be fair I’ve never had them sober so……..

Man, I’m grilling on my back porch now thinking about talking to my friends and girls, listening to a band that’s set up in that small corner of Flo’s, Gerald is asleep on the first bar stool. I had it made.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
The best I’ve had, but to be fair I’ve never had them sober so……..

Man, I’m grilling on my back porch now thinking about talking to my friends and girls, listening to a band that’s set up in that small corner of Flo’s, Gerald is asleep on the first bar stool. I had it made.
Good times no doubt! Gerald was a staple on a bar stool at the dark horse during my time in Starkville

Reactions: MStateU

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
That Flo’s appetizer sampler man…. So good

Someone will have to refresh my drunken memory about what else was on it though. Giant cheese sticks and then I wanting to say some combo of tater skins, tenders, or nachos maybe?

Reactions: DawgsGoneWild

DawgsGoneWild

Sep 25, 2012
Flow was the ****. I flunked out once while i worked there. Damn upstairs office…….

DawgsGoneWild

Sep 25, 2012
That Flo’s appetizer sampler man…. So good

Someone will have to refresh my drunken memory about what else was on it though. Giant cheese sticks and then I wanting to say some combo of tater skins, tenders, or nachos maybe?
Potato skins, cheese sticks, spinach and artichoke dip, chicken strips rolled in buffalo sauce, fried pickles, fried mushrooms.

flos potato skins were the stuff dreams are made of

IMPP

Sep 30, 2022

A sad day😞

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Was Gerald the Long Hair Hippie dude that taught photography at MSU and hung out at Cheers all the time?
530fc7850ae1c.image.jpg
R. I. P. Gerald. Pretty sure he was around campus when I left in '85. In '96 I started traveling through Starkville a good bit and saw him often. He wasn't shy about asking for you to buy him a beer but I never minded because he was good for conversation and was always appreciative. There's a memorial for him across the street from 2 Brothers

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Cheese Sticks at the House of Death on 82. It may have been called All Goods (All Bads?).
Yes, circa late 80s/early 90. Allgoods BBQ (commonly referred to as Allbads). Open late, the cheese sticks would come out of the fryer golden brown, but still be cold in the middle.

Reactions: Double Dawg

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
View attachment 350085
R. I. P. Gerald. Pretty sure he was around campus when I left in '85. In '96 I started traveling through Starkville a good bit and saw him often. He wasn't shy about asking for you to buy him a beer but I never minded because he was good for conversation and was always appreciative. There's a memorial for him across the street from 2 Brothers
I was at state from 96-99. There was a rumor that he got a DUI riding a bike from Cheers back to his apartment. 🤦‍♂️

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014

You’re making me jealous. Fried turkey nuggets is one of my favorite meals.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
I never knew he taught at state.
I took his photography class in a year I can't recall, but it was with Mario Haggan, Marcus Campbell, and Wesley Morgan to put a time stamp on it.

It was a very weird time in photography. Photoshop was a thing, but digital cameras were not really. We took our negatives and clipped them ito 4 or 5 frame strips, placed them in a holder, at ran them through a scanner. Quite the 17ing hassle.

Anyhow, after my first class I asked Gerald where to get a good camera and he ended up riding with me to a camera store in Tupelo that afternoon. I'd had a beer or two with him previously like everybody else, but he just so casually acted like I was supposed to take him to Tupelo since we were old pals. He was genuinely happy to get out of town. I think he said his sister normally drove him if he ever needed to go somewhere out of town. And yes, he passed out several times on the ride back and forth. About 10 minutes each time.

Reactions: ronpolk

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
You’re making me jealous. Fried turkey nuggets is one of my favorite meals.
They are delicious for sure…. A storm rolled through Madison yesterday about 5 pm and knocked out my power till about 10 on… so my turkey and fried cheese got delayed until today.

From pictures I’ve seen, around MRA and Madison Avenue elementary had lots of big old oaks fall. I think there are several in the area still without power

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Cheers, Dave’s, cheers. Was out every night. Would sleep anywhere. Like narcolepsy type deal.
Was it really narcolepsy or were folks just being nice and patient to a somewhat functioning and quirky old drunk? Not trying to disrespect the guy but when a man passes out at a bar after sitting up there since 3pm it's often the booze

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
Was it really narcolepsy or were folks just being nice and patient to a somewhat functioning and quirky old drunk? Not trying to disrespect the guy but when a man passes out at a bar after sitting up there since 3pm it's often the booze
No. He’s there. He’s present. Then completely out for like 10 minutes. Then back. Talking clearly listening to music. Then completely out again.

Like we will return again after this short break.

One thing that was good back then was nobody really messed with him. Don’t know if that would be the case now. I’m pretty sure you would have gotten your *** whipped if you were messing with Gerald.

Reactions: ckDOG

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
No. He’s there. He’s present. Then completely out for like 10 minutes. Then back. Talking clearly listening to music. Then completely out again.

Like we will return again after this short break.

One thing that was good back then was nobody really messed with him. Don’t know if that would be the case now. I’m pretty sure you would have gotten your *** whipped if you were messing with Gerald.
Yeah today he'd be harassed for the gram and TikTok views.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login