Florida’s thrill!

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I was co-oping in FL in Spring '84 (maybe '83) and the SEC baseball tournament was at UF. Me and a couple other co-ops road tripped to Gainesville and I kid you not, they had wooden bleachers for maybe a few hundred then, my little league fields 10 years before that were just as good or better as their field then. I remember looking at them and thinking they need to power wash these. It was a 4 team tournament that year because I still had the shirt until a few years ago that showed the teams but don't remember who it was besides us and them

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Our "never lost a party" is "but the Dude! And record crowds!" I think that matters more to some hail state baseball bros than actually competing and winnning
Cue the Michael Scott “Thank you!” gif. I’m so damn tired of hearing about record crowds like that’s the only thing that matters. Attendance smack is so tiresome. I don’t give a crap how many more people watch our games. It’s more of a social gathering thing now, the place to be seen. My daughter just finished her freshman year at State. She doesn’t even like baseball but went to most of the home games because that’s what they do. I’d much rather be known for winning SEC and national titles than for having a fan base that grills in the outfield and feeds the other team.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Arkansas, LSU, ole miss to name a few. I’m sure Tennessee would have a good contingent if they pulled it off this year

There are going to be a zillion LSU fans in Omaha next weekend, and even more if they make the Finals. They just snapped their longest Omaha dry spell since the pre-Bertman era.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login