Florida about to spend $400 million on football renovation...

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
Kind of a strange release. We are thinking about doing something but no idea what, that is potentially 400M, or not.

Last edited:

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I've been in it twice and it's a strange stadium, like each time they've added on to it they didn't give any thought to what the new was going to look like vs the old or what the next renovation may need. It has strange walls in the middle of sections that force the rows to get shorter and shorter w/ the number of seats diminishing on each row. There are little nooks and cranny's all over where the site lines are terrible. Even though its now a bowl, one end looks nothing like the other. It reminds me of that famous aluminum stadium North of us in Yoknapatawpha County that has a lot of the same characteristics

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I wish they would go all stadium seating. Maybe that would open the gates to other schools like Miss State to follow.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Every new announcement seems to be in the 300-400 million range. I hope State pauses and has alot of long ranging planning for DWS.

IMO, the most obviously long range, smartest plan is to totally rebuild the west side, similar to what Oregon st did with their stadium.

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
The west side is where to start with lower bowl stadium seating. The sections are extremely too wide now. We don’t need but 56000 total seats anyway. At least do stadium seating in C, D, E to start. Not sure how the design would work removing bleachers and concrete bases along with cutting aisles, but I just don’t think we can tear the entire west side down and rebuild in 1 off-season.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
The west side is where to start with lower bowl stadium seating. The sections are extremely too wide now. We don’t need but 56000 total seats anyway. At least do stadium seating in C, D, E to start. Not sure how the design would work removing bleachers and concrete bases along with cutting aisles, but I just don’t think we can tear the entire west side down and rebuild in 1 off-season.
It would definitely take more than one year. We would just have to take the hit on seating and attendance for a season. However I think it would be well worth it in the long run.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
If anyone has a box, and needs three people to throw in on it, let me know. I will be down for 10 years worth.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login