Florida AG suing CFP

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Sorry, a bit misleading... they are laying the preliminary groundwork for an antitrust suit
lol. Mad at your neighbor? File an antitrust suit. Don’t like the stuff your local magazine prints? File an anti trust suit. Upset about the soup of the day? File an anti trust suit.

These people are making a mockery of the Sherman Act- but mostly just trying to get votes.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
This quote by her was dumb: “I’m a lifelong Gator, but I’m also the Florida attorney general, and I know injustice when I see it,” Moody said to POLITICO. “No rational person or college football fan can look at this situation and not question the result."

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
They picked the four best teams. Florida is not one of them but one (Georgia) did get left out.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
lol. Mad at your neighbor? File an antitrust suit. Don’t like the stuff your local magazine prints? File an anti trust suit. Upset about the soup of the day? File an anti trust suit.

These people are making a mockery of the Sherman Act- but mostly just trying to get votes.
The Sherman Act is already a mockery. It's an ex post facto law, since you don't know if you violated it until after the fact.

Standard Oil charged less than its competitors. Anti trust violation.

AT&T charged more than it's competitors. Anti trust violation.

GE charged the same as it's competitors. Anti trust violation.

Microsoft gave away it's product for free. Anti trust violation.

The NCAA seems to have lost every lawsuit it's ever been involved in, and most of them claim Anti trust.

I'm all for protection against anti-competitive acts by big business, but maybe we should revisit the Sherman Act.

patdog

May 28, 2007
This quote by her was dumb: “I’m a lifelong Gator, but I’m also the Florida attorney general, and I know injustice when I see it,” Moody said to POLITICO. “No rational person or college football fan can look at this situation and not question the result."
Translation: There are a lot of voters in Florida who are Florida St. fans. So you better believe I’m going to pander to them.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
The Sherman Act is already a mockery. It's an ex post facto law, since you don't know if you violated it until after the fact.

Standard Oil charged less than its competitors. Anti trust violation.

AT&T charged more than it's competitors. Anti trust violation.

GE charged the same as it's competitors. Anti trust violation.

Microsoft gave away it's product for free. Anti trust violation.

The NCAA seems to have lost every lawsuit it's ever been involved in, and most of them claim Anti trust.

I'm all for protection against anti-competitive acts by big business, but maybe we should revisit the Sherman Act.
Sherman was a war criminal also, a WWII tank. **********

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Reactions: patdog

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
He needs to name the three conferences in the "Alliance". I am still baffled about why they band together to stop the 12 team play off from starting this season. FSU and GA both would have made it.

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
17ing clowns.

Anyways, here is what FSU should legitimately do-
- win their bowl game against UGA and go undefeated.
- claim they are national champions, just like UCF did in 2017 when they went undefeated.
- get the national champion claim added to NCAA records, just like UCF did in 2017.

Boom- now Florida State is a national champion.

Ironically, this may be an easier path to a national championship than the playoff would. Especially if a 1-loss team wins the playoff.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Dear Florida AG,
17 ALL of your Florida football teams.
Sincerely,
A rational MSU college football fan

Reactions: ZombieKissinger
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login