Florida is 5-5 with Mizzou and FSU coming up......

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
.....so likely going 5-7 (Mizzou is on the road). After going 6-6 last year and getting blown in the bowl game by Oregon State.

No way Bubby and Loaferz survive is it? I mean these dudes got beat at home by Arkansas. Danny got fired in about this same position.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

Theconnormead

Jan 26, 2023
.....so likely going 5-7 (Mizzou is on the road). After going 6-6 last year and getting blown in the bowl game by Oregon State.

No way Bubby and Loaferz survive is it? I mean these dudes got beat at home by Arkansas. Danny got fired in about this same position.
What has their recruiting been like, what did Dan leave them? FL is marketed as this great program, but outside of Spurrier and Urban they have been a middle of the road SEC team. Think they need to stick with a coach for a few years (look at FSU) and let him recruit (if he is a good recruiter).

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
What has their recruiting been like, what did Dan leave them? FL is marketed as this great program, but outside of Spurrier and Urban they have been a middle of the road SEC team. Think they need to stick with a coach for a few years (look at FSU) and let him recruit (if he is a good recruiter).
JWS once said, when he was coaching under the Bear, the Bear said if Florida ever got a good coach, they would be a powerhouse.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
The buyout is like 32 million. I’m guessing Napier gets year 3

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
They reportedly have the #1 class in the nation right now.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Other than the period between 1991 and 2009, Florida has been a pretty mediocre program. Hell, before Spurrier arrived in Gainesville, we had won more SEC championships than Florida had. Since Urban Meyer left, they have regressed to the mean.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Mullen's crootin wasn't nearly as bad as folks say, he had a couple top 10 classes. It was Danny's attitude that got him fired, they had players.

Bubba does have a #4 class right now, as @L4Dawg said. We will see if it holds after going 5-7. I don't see Florida as some big NIL base.

Reactions: PooPopsBaldHead

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022

They shouldn't have fired Mullen. But maybe I don't know what I am talking about.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I hope to hell Florida fires Napier. There isn't enough money in Oxford to keep Kiffen from that job.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Other than the period between 1991 and 2009, Florida has been a pretty mediocre program. Hell, before Spurrier arrived in Gainesville, we had won more SEC championships than Florida had. Since Urban Meyer left, they have regressed to the mean.
Other than that 19 year span of modern era college football when they were consistently in the mix at the top of national preseason, in-season, and post-season discussions, they are a pretty mediocre program.

In the 13 seasons since, they have finished the season ranked top10 3 times and finished ranked 6 times.
Yes that is significantly worse than the 19 year span immediately preceding, but its also hardly a regression to the mean. If finishing ranked in the top10 3 times in 13 seasons is the mean, then what the 17 chance does MSU ever have in this sport?

uptowndawg

Jul 15, 2010
the fewer teams riding the carrousel the better for us. even if we wont compete directly with florida for a coach, they could poach from a program that would compete with us for our guy. go gata

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
..... and getting blown in the bowl game by Oregon State.
Not Bad Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login