Florida is about to knock off the number two team in Tennessee

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Will that help our loss to them look a little better on our résumé? I lost the ever looks good I was hoping it might improve our strength a little bit.

#2 is a snake bit ranking for the SEC.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
We played Tennessee twice and Florida once, so it's slightly better for our SOS and NET for Tennessee to win.

But ... if Florida could move up to a Q1 loss (they're currently a Q2 loss), it would probably still better for Florida to win. Florida (currently #52) would have to get in the top 30 to be a Q1 loss since it was at home, so this alone won't get them there, but it would help some.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
We played Tennessee twice and Florida once, so it's slightly better for our SOS and NET for Tennessee to win.

But ... if Florida could move up to a Q1 loss (they're currently a Q2 loss), it would probably still better for Florida to win. Florida (currently #52) would have to get in the top 30 to be a Q1 loss since it was at home, so this alone won't get them there, but it would help some.
Florida is a fellow bubble team (assuming we are even on the bubble) so we need them to drop some games. Their win tonight was bad for us in my opinion.

Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
UTenn shot 68 and only made 19

Florida shot 48 times and made 21

UTenn shot 12 free throws, made 11

Florida shot 24 free throws, made 18

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Missouri is taking care of LSU at home pretty easily so far. That's what you would expect from Missouri but they've kind of had some weird games this year.

I'm trying to pay more attention to the rest of the league as we near the end of the regular season and see if we might have a chance to move up before the conference tournament. If we can keep playing better offense we have the kind of team that could cause problems for the other teams in a short tournament.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login