Florida snubs GTR to spend night with Big AL

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Bo is enjoying that Florida is staying in Tuscaloosa.

Tuscaloosa to Starkville is an easy drive. 82miles - 90minutes
Philadelphia to Stark, terrible drive
60 miles - 70 minutes
Tupelo to Stark easy drive.
65 miles 60 minutes

Back In the day, visitors stayed in Columbus at the big (for Columbus) hotel at 82 bypass and 45 north. It is a LaQuinta now but was a Hilton many years ago. I remember it had a large lobby and meeting rooms. I guess since it's a laQuinta, that brand doesn't fit.

Also looks like State is using the Marriot in town now. Under Moorhead, State used the HGI. Not sure why Florida didn't use the HGI. But back in Spurrier days, Florida woild
Fly into Tuscaloosa and stay in Tuscaloosa Friday night.

Reactions: TooLateToCare

Brokerdawg

Jul 1, 2012
Obviously respect your opinion. We simply disagree. I stay in Hilton's all over the south. I now stay in the Courtyard when I visit Starkville which is a Marriot property.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
"the town that Saban built" has the nicest hotels other than Memphis

Bama is in an off week - easy easy decision

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
So Napier can interview for an analyst position with bama.
Agencylife Bingo GIF by MX Player

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I guess Stricklin not only turned his back on Miss State, but he has also turned is back on Mississippi. When he and Cohen get fired, and they will I don't want them to be welcomed back in no compacity at Miss State. I don't even want them on campus. If I see him, I will boo him Saturday.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

bannerdawg

Aug 15, 2013
Oh gezzz. No it's not.
Yes, it is. I’ve probably stayed there a couple hundred nights in the last few years. I’m a Hilton Diamond lifetime member. It gets worse every stay. I can’t get the gov rate at Mariott or I would stay there.

YungDispo

Dec 12, 2022
Lots of construction workers for the aluminum plant filling up the hotels in Columbus. Probably why Florida is staying in Tuscaloosa

Reactions: onewoof

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Yes, it is. I’ve probably stayed there a couple hundred nights in the last few years. I’m a Hilton Diamond lifetime member. It gets worse every stay. I can’t get the gov rate at Mariott or I would stay there.
It would not meet my definition of "nasty". It is showing some age. But it isnt "nasty".

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login