Football Commits

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Rumors are we’ve got a couple this weekend. Maybe another one or two to go.

Any names?

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Derrion Horsely
3 star corner from Georgia
Also Baby Gronk.

• Haha
Reactions: Darryl Steight

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
It's good to create momentum just need to sign and keep them otherwise tonight is just a night for the recruiting sites to talk up just for the recruit to flip and sign elsewhere or leave the next year.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Are these high schoolers or portal guys? Does anyone even recruit hs anymore?

kb549

Oct 6, 2014
not a commit…….thankfully, but here’s a story for y’all.

I went to Birmingham this weekend to a wedding. I had a State polo on earlier in the day while shopping. A gentleman sees it and says, “Oh, we just came back from Starkville. My son went to a football camp there.” In all honesty, I was pretty stoned at the time and not thinking about “camp”. I was thinking Official Visit.

So I asked what position and he said RB/LB. I’m thinking, “Nice! Let’s see this beast!” About that time, the kid walks up. Must have been 9th or 10th grade. Maybe 5’8”. 135 pounds. I’m confused in my head. Are we looking for another Holloway RB? Then it hit me. Camp. Not official visit. So I joked with them about not letting him go to Oxford, etc. and the kid shows me an Ole Miss football camp bracelet (one of 5 or 6) and said, “Yeah, it sucked. I didn’t like it there.”

and also Five Points Ensley Rd is not 5 Points. The GPS is not taking you on a detour.

Reactions: Darryl Steight
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login