Football in Ireland: Would You?

Would you be good with a Week 0 MSU game in Ireland? Would you go?

• Yes / I'd go

• Yes / Watch on TV

• No / No

Results are only viewable after voting.

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
voted that I would go. Not sure if would pull the trigger but sounds like a fun trip.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Hell Yeah Yes GIF by VH1

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
The wife and I went to Ireland about a decade ago and it was awesome. I’d love to go back and take the kids this time…

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Probably lose a home game so that's less revenue for school/starkville. If i went to Dublin probably wouldn't center it around a college football game.
I've always liked opening season at home on our home turf.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Several years ago I was in Ireland the week of the annual Dublin game (Georgia Tech played Boston College).

I was a little surprised to see some Tech fans on the same boat I was on that was going to Skellig Michael.

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
Yeah, I'd go. I'm Scottish-American, and would spend most of my time in nearby Scotland. I still have relatives there.

Last edited:

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Playing golf on Thursday afternoon and Friday.
Mississippi State football game on Saturday.
Irish Pub for pregame partying.

Would be a hard trip to not go on!!!

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Curious what the general sentiment is...
I generally don’t want to go to a really cool place to watch MSU play football. Bowl games in any of the locations with a sec tie in, sure, great long weekend trip. But if I’m going to Ireland, way too many things I want to see/do that are unique to Ireland. Same with the basketball tournaments. Started pricing out one of the tournaments state eas playing in probably back in stansburys time (the Bahamas maybe? Can’t even remember) and then realized watching basketball would be the last thing I wanted to do.

Reactions: patdog

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
I couldn’t get out of Dublin fast enough when I took a trip there. The rural Irish areas are incredible. I’d go back and watch the game and then head out in the rental car toward Killarney.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Dublin is fantastic. If I could afford it, I'd go.
Airfare can be inexpensive.

Hotel rates have gotten significantly higher in the city though. That’s why…

I couldn’t get out of Dublin fast enough when I took a trip there. The rural Irish areas are incredible. I’d go back and watch the game and then head out in the rental car toward Killarney.
Exactly.

Travel. Get out of Dublin and explore.

I’ve pretty much explored Dublin to my heart’s content. I’ve pretty much decided that I’ll spend nights there for two reasons: I have friends there I’d like to see again and music/sports.

Glen Hansard’s annual Christmas Eve busk has been on my list for a few years and I’ve thought about seeing the USMNT play a friendly there too.

Killarney is on my list to revisit as is Donegal and Galway.

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
Playing golf on Thursday afternoon and Friday.
Mississippi State football game on Saturday.
Irish Pub for pregame partying.

Would be a hard trip to not go on!!!
I'd call Trump's campaign and see if he could get me into his place at Aberdeen, Scotland. .He has a fabulous links course right on the ocean front. I think they are expanding to 36 holes and his son, Eric, is in charge of overseeing it. Saw some pictures of it and looks unbelievably nice. They must own a couple miles of ocean front property at that location.

BIGDAWG44

Aug 22, 2012

Exactly.

I’ve pretty much explored Dublin to my heart’s content. I’ve pretty much decided that I’ll spend nights there for two reasons: I have friends there I’d like to see again and music/sports.

Glen Hansard’s annual Christmas Eve busk has been on my list for a few years and I’ve thought about seeing the USMNT play a friendly there too.

There’s a titanic museum in Belfast and it’s the most impressive museum I’ve walked in. It’s a great experience. Most people don’t know the titanic was built in Northern Ireland.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016

Exactly.

I've been to County Cork, Dublin, and Belfast. I want to get back some day. I really want to go to Northern Tipperary to see where some ancestors came from.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
There’s a titanic museum in Belfast and it’s the most impressive museum I’ve walked in. It’s a great experience. Most people don’t know the titanic was built in Northern Ireland.
I’ve heard great things about the museum and I’d like to go back to Belfast to visit it.

It wasn’t yet open when I was there previously.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login