Football seat selection

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Anyone else selected their seats yet? I switched mine today. I normally check it every year but this is only the 2nd time I've changed since the re-seating in 2014.

Anyway... there are open seats everywhere. I can't remember there ever being so many green dots on the screen. In the past there hasn't been many seats available that I'd even consider switching to. This year I could have gotten anything --- any section, 50 yard line, 100 & 200 chairbacks - whatever you want other than club. Tickets sales have to be way down.

Baddmann

Sep 20, 2015
Yep. I selected last week and there were "pairs" of green dots everywhere. Usually it's just one random seat.

Kept my same 2.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Scoreboard club looks about the same as last year, maybe less available seats this year, especially in section 115 (the center section).

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Anyone else selected their seats yet? I switched mine today. I normally check it every year but this is only the 2nd time I've changed since the re-seating in 2014.

Anyway... there are open seats everywhere. I can't remember there ever being so many green dots on the screen. In the past there hasn't been many seats available that I'd even consider switching to. This year I could have gotten anything --- any section, 50 yard line, 100 & 200 chairbacks - whatever you want other than club. Tickets sales have to be way down.

You will have plenty of room to stretch out this year except for the Georgia Game.

TankOwens

Sep 21, 2012
Section 5 looked pretty much the same from years past, when I looked at mine on Friday, kept the same seats.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Why buy season tickets? There will be plenty of good single game tickets for sale at half the cost.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Because it’s not my responsibility. But I donate to the Bulldog Club anyway.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Why buy season tickets? There will be plenty of good single game tickets for sale at half the cost.

I continue buying season tickets because all the people who sit in my area have become "family" and I enjoy watching the game with them.

Now bowl tickets? I'm with you on that.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I didn’t pay much attention this year because I knew that we weren’t going to be changing our location, but I’ve definitely picked up on the declining trend over the last 3-4 years.

One telltale sign for me has been the Bama tickets. So for the last 15 years, I’ve always bought a block of 10 extra Bama tickets because it was the game that everybody bent over backwards to go to. Sometimes, family and friends used them. Sometimes I ended up selling them, but moving them was never a problem. Last year, I couldn’t find any takers, so I ended up selling them for 30% under face value just to get rid of them.

Again, this isn’t an MSU problem. It’s a college football problem, but it’s a big one

ezsoil

May 26, 2013
I did mine last week.. I noticed a lot of inventory in sections 4&5 but less on the east side ..as it seems more folks were moving over to the east side as section 20 had far less than in years past ...there were two primo club level seats open on Monday but they were gone by Tuesday afternoon...

JML105

Sep 4, 2012
I selected mine last week. Been in 200 for a few seasons now, but could only get 3 seats together. This year I was finally able to add a 4th and moved a little closer to midfield than we have been.

I don't fully understand the sudden mass exodus the past couple seasons. We have sucked way worse than we do now for much longer periods of time. At least CML has a more entertaining product on the field than running it up the middle 3 times and punting.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
At least CML has a more entertaining product on the field than running it up the middle 3 times and punting.

Throwing it 3x for 3 to 5 yards per play while getting sacked at least once and losing 10 or more yards and then punting isn't any more entertaining than 3x up the middle, in my opinion any way.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005

That is the way to go but I like having tickets in hand at the beginning. It just doesn't feel the same with out season tickets. You will probably get good seats cheap.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I selected mine last week. Been in 200 for a few seasons now, but could only get 3 seats together. This year I was finally able to add a 4th and moved a little closer to midfield than we have been.

I don't fully understand the sudden mass exodus the past couple seasons. We have sucked way worse than we do now for much longer periods of time. At least CML has a more entertaining product on the field than running it up the middle 3 times and punting.

Got more to do with TV now, in my opinion. Knowing every game is on TV makes staying home easier. Most people still like to go to a game or 2 a year but don’t want the financial commitment of season tickets.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Got more to do with TV now, in my opinion. Knowing every game is on TV makes staying home easier. Most people still like to go to a game or 2 a year but don’t want the financial commitment of season tickets.

I have a really nice 65" and I keep on trying to sell myself on that idea but I just enjoy gameday and being in the stadium too much.

AROB44

Mar 20, 2008
This is a little off topic, but with just about every seat (football and basketball) requiring a bulldog club donation (seat license), does the Bulldog Club raise more this way than from pure donations? I haven't given to the BC since 2020 and I am still in the top 5% in points. Doesn't make sense to me. In any case, it seems the BC has really gotten lazy.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I’d guess most people who aren’t major boosters are only donating the minimum required for seats. I haven’t made an additional donation in probably 10 years, and even then it wasn’t much.

So if people aren’t buying tickets, donations are probably down too.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
Demand is going to keep going down at most schools. Not for the few elite programs that actually have a realistic chance of winning a championship, but for pretty much everyone else. College football is the least overall competitive sport anyway and the NIL and transfer portal only worsens the problem. Scholarship reduction is the only thing that would help with parity in the sport and they won't even talk about that. With demand going down to be at games it makes it more difficult to want to buy season tickets. In times past if you bought season tickets but couldn't go but to maybe half the games you could still sell the others and recoup most of your cost but no more. You are better off just to buy tickets for the games you want to go to and not be invested in the rest. If you are big into the social part of going to games there is still good reason to go, but if you are going just mainly for the game itself then you might as well stay home where there is a better view, food in the fridge and an easily accessible bathroom with no travel involved which makes it easier to watch other games on the day as well. In no other sport that I know of is there the haves and the have nots at the level like today's college football.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
When it was my time to select, the website would not work on my mac, so i called the ticket office (we added a ticket and needed to move to a spot that had three seats together). The gentleman who answered the phone didn't seem to know what was going on and there was some weird feedback on the line that made it hard to hear. I was put on hold several times (with no warning/explanation), with the last hold lasting about 5 minutes, after which i hung up. It seems the ticket office employees are not well trained/prepared.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Did you get an extra seat added? I was told I couldn't add a seat until all the selections were finished later this month. I've got 4 and want 5 - so chose a spot that left 1 open seat and will just hope nobody else grabs it. Maybe I had to pre-order it back in Feb / March?

I thought it was pretty comical that I couldn't add one extra ticket with all the open seats.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Did you get an extra seat added? I was told I couldn't add a seat until all the selections were finished later this month. I've got 4 and want 5 - so chose a spot that left 1 open seat and will just hope nobody else grabs it. Maybe I had to pre-order it back in Feb / March?

I thought it was pretty comical that I couldn't add one extra ticket with all the open seats.

Yes, eventually I did get three together (I think - the dogtag surely was designed by a middle school STEM class). I bought the extra seat back at renewal time though.

Last edited:

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I continue buying season tickets because all the people who sit in my area have become "family" and I enjoy watching the game with them.

Now bowl tickets? I'm with you on that.

No wonder sales are way down***********

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Because it’s not my responsibility. But I donate to the Bulldog Club anyway.
Yeah, it kinda is. It's all our responsibility. Size and engagement of a fanbase directly correlates to an attractive football culture.

If you don't care, that's fine. But let's not act like you (and others) not going to a game doesn't hurt. It's like voting. No one vote matters, but they do collectively.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I’d guess most people who aren’t major boosters are only donating the minimum required for seats. I haven’t made an additional donation in probably 10 years, and even then it wasn’t much.

So if people aren’t buying tickets, donations are probably down too.
I don't know, the premium seating makes up for a lot of it. If the AD was hurting for money, those ticket prices would definitely come down.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
After this selection process is over, I wish they'd give adjacent seat owners the opportunity to purchase any left over signal seats at a discount. I rather buy that seat than have a bama fan sit in it yelling rawllll tiiiidddeee rawlll, for 3 1/2 hours straight.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I had my upgrade selection today and while I saw a few more available than usual around me I wasn't seeing a huge increase in empty seats at all. After saying I wasn't going to buy them (I haven't walked into the stadium the past 2 seasons) I waited until 2 hours left to commit before getting them. But I dropped from 5 down to 2 and kept the parking pass to appease the wife.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login