Football

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
I got to tell you, the nfl puts one hell of a product out. BD (before Dak) I never paid a whole lot of attention to it. Got interested while pulling for him.

College is and has always been my fall sports passion. I was at the game last night too and the herky-jerky flow…the constant tv timeouts that are longer than ever just kills the flow.

I’m sitting on back porch grilling, sipping suds and watching Dak tune up the Giants and this is an enjoyable well oiled machine.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I would agree. For decades I spent all day Saturday watching football and Sunday I did not pay it much attention other than looking up final scores.

I was always a Cowboys fan but Dak to the Cowboys renewed my interest. I agree. The NFL product is much better.

Reactions: MSUGUY

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
This reminds me of our game.... Dallas offense has been meh... but they're up 26-0.

Old Dawg

Jan 7, 2020
I got to tell you, the nfl puts one hell of a product out. BD (before Dak) I never paid a whole lot of attention to it. Got interested while pulling for him.

College is and has always been my fall sports passion. I was at the game last night too and the herky-jerky flow…the constant tv timeouts that are longer than ever just kills the flow.

I’m sitting on back porch grilling, sipping suds and watching Dak tune up the Giants and this is an enjoyable well oiled machine.
NFL put politics before the fans. They headed for dismal viewership.

• Haha
Reactions: kired

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

Yes it is. Everything about the production is first-rate. In-game attendance is better than college, too.

NFL put politics before the fans. They headed for dismal viewership.
They actually didn't. The NFL weathered the Kapernick/2020 crap about as well as you can. It gave some concessions on both sides and has come out smelling like a rose.

Reactions: mcdawg22 and Dawgg

Old Dawg

Jan 7, 2020
Yes it is. Everything about the production is first-rate. In-game attendance is better than college, too.

They actually didn't. The NFL weathered the Kapernick/2020 crap about as well as you can. It gave some concessions on both sides and has come out smelling like a rose.
So you think having two National Anthems is appropriate and you like it and support it?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
So you think having two National Anthems is appropriate and you like it and support it?
Do they still even do that? If I remember, it was only for Week 1 games last year. And it's not exactly a national anthem, it's just a way to acknowledge issues that are important to 58% of the NFL players.

Reactions: mcdawg22 and Dawgg

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
This reminds me of our game.... Dallas offense has been meh... but they're up 26-0.
I was thinking how well Rogers would prosper in that same offense here. Yeah, it's a West Coast Offense, which obviously didn't work here under an OC who didn't know how to run it. But I could easily see Rogers making the throws Dak made last night (here, not in the NFL)

Stupid Arnett should have hired McCarthy instead of Barbay**

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I do. A lot more than you think. I'm really sorry you feel that way.
Well, I'm sorry that you're letting politics stand in the way of enjoying something that you would otherwise love.

Old Dawg

Jan 7, 2020
Well, I'm sorry that you're letting politics stand in the way of enjoying something that you would otherwise love.
It's not standing in my way. I choose not to support because I believe it's wrong and the NFL is pushing an agenda I believe is wrong and divisive. Sometimes you choose what's right first.
Have fun.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
It's not standing in my way. I choose not to support because I believe it's wrong and the NFL is pushing an agenda I believe is wrong and divisive. Sometimes you choose what's right first.
Have fun.
What agenda is the NFL pushing?

• Wow
Reactions: Captain Ron

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
OT but Fox Sports college football presentation is way better than ESPN. It is so much better.

Reactions: Dawgg

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Uhh if you don't know then you don't care what I say. Just look at the end zone sometime.
I'm done.
The one I’m looking at says “JETS”, “It takes all of us”, and has a goalpost. So either you’re offended by airplanes, inclusion, or yellow u-shaped posts. Was the giant football sized American flag last night not patriotic enough for you?

Nevermind, I see your problem. They just played a commercial for the games in England and Germany. Clearly a sign they hate America.***

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Personally, I don't find anything objectionable about these lyrics. I could see maybe an atheist rolling his eyes at it or something, but otherwise it sounds like something you'd hear in just about any church.

Lift every voice and sing,
’Til earth and heaven ring,
Ring with the harmonies of Liberty;
Let our rejoicing rise
High as the listening skies,
Let it resound loud as the rolling sea.
Sing a song full of the faith that the dark past has taught us,
Sing a song full of the hope that the present has brought us;
Facing the rising sun of our new day begun,
Let us march on ’til victory is won.

Stony the road we trod,
Bitter the chastening rod,
Felt in the days when hope unborn had died;
Yet with a steady beat,
Have not our weary feet
Come to the place For which our fathers died.
We have come, over a way that with tears has been watered,
We have come, treading our path through the blood of the slaughtered,
Out from the gloomy past,
’Til now we stand at last
Where the white gleam of our bright star is cast.

God of our weary years,
God of our silent tears,
Thou who has brought us thus far on the way;
Thou who has by Thy might
Led us into the light,
Keep us forever in the path, we pray.
Lest our feet, stray from the places, our God, where we met Thee,
Lest our hearts, drunk with the wine of the world, we forget Thee;
Shadowed beneath Thy hand,
May we forever stand,
True to our God,
True to our native land.