For anyone interested in the new CFB video game

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
On the premium board we are putting together a group to do an online dynasty for PS5. If you’ve never done one before, shouldn’t be a huge learning curve, it works a lot like a regular dynasty, but instead of exclusively playing against CPU controlled teams, many of your opponents in games and also recruiting will be fellow State fans from this site.

The limit for one league is 32 people, we currently have room for 7 or 8 more if anyone is interested. Just let me know. Once we have a final head count, I will PM further info sometime this weekend. Again, this is just for PS5 owners, as there will be no cross-play with XBOX users for dynasty for the foreseeable future.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
More power to you, friend. I have been a PlayStation loyalist since Santa Claus brought me a PS2 in the fourth grade.
Ok, youngster. I bought a PS2 with my tuition refund check somewhere between my junior and senior year in college. :ROFLMAO:

Traded it in for an XBox 360 when I had kids because of the Kinect and have stuck with XBox since.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Ok, youngster. I bought a PS2 with my tuition refund check somewhere between my junior and senior year in college. :ROFLMAO:

Traded it in for an XBox 360 when I had kids because of the Kinect and have stuck with XBox since.
lol thank you for helping me feel better about my existential crisis over being in my 30’s now

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
If you stayed loyal to Playstation through the rise and triumph of Halo, you're more loyal than me. I ditched Sony for Microsoft after one LAN party back in my early 20's.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I’m on Xbox too, and it’s a bummer that there’s not going to be cross play capability. I get the competition between consoles, but cross play between PS, Xbox, and PC really should be the standard for EA games

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004

I did something similar. I had to get a PS2 because NCAA 2002 was only coming out on it and not PS1. Drove to West Point to get one because Starkville didn’t have any.

Reactions: Dawgg

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
If you stayed loyal to Playstation through the rise and triumph of Halo, you're more loyal than me. I ditched Sony for Microsoft after one LAN party back in my early 20's.
I wouldn’t call it loyalty as much as it was I was between the ages of 10 and 16 and had no money and parents who weren’t gonna buy me another game system when we already had a working one. Lol.

Although we did get a Wii when I was in high school, I guess we had more interest in that than an XBOX during the Wii Sports, Guitar Hero, etc. era.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I did something similar. I had to get a PS2 because NCAA 2002 was only coming out on it and not PS1. Drove to West Point to get one because Starkville didn’t have any.
Honestly, I got mine because I wanted a DVD player and it was worth the extra cost ($200 vs $300). I got mine from the Sam's Club in Oak Grove. Came with Gran Turismo 3 and an extra controller.

ETA: It got me thinking as to why I went with PS2 over XBox if the DVD player was a driving factor, so I went back and looked and remembered. DVD movies worked on the Playstation 2 natively, but XBox required an extra dongle and special remote.

Last edited:

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Still have two spots left to get to 32, anyone is welcome. Will likely cut it off once we get to that point.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
We have our 32. Thanks to those who signed up. If anyone wants to be alternate then let me know. With 32 people I’m semi expecting at least one person back out in the coming weeks before we start.

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
Can someone give me an idea about the time commitment involved in this? I have no idea what to expect. I’m assuming there’s not a set schedule where I play a game every week at a set time.
I’m sure this sounds like a really stupid question to some people, but in college I remember there was the one guy that held things up because he wouldn’t make time to play his games. Don’t want to be that guy. I also don’t want to be the guy with the worst team because I let it just sim everything.

edit: I see that this league is full, my question is more in general because I play XBox anyway.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Can someone give me an idea about the time commitment involved in this? I have no idea what to expect. I’m assuming there’s not a set schedule where I play a game every week at a set time.
I’m sure this sounds like a really stupid question to some people, but in college I remember there was the one guy that held things up because he wouldn’t make time to play his games. Don’t want to be that guy. I also don’t want to be the guy with the worst team because I let it just sim everything.

edit: I see that this league is full, my question is more in general because I play XBox anyway.
Most leagues give you a window of time to do a week’s worth of activities in the game. So like the commissioner will advance the week and let you know you have xxx amount of time to complete things. Sometimes up to a week of real time. It’s all a matter of preference and varies by leagues.

Nov 20, 2023
lol thank you for helping me feel better about my existential crisis over being in my 30’s now
I feel you I am a little over 2 years from turning 40 which I have realized for some time now that 40s are young, except some health issues. It’s an odd feeling when you surpass the age of your dad when he passed as well which I experienced already. Anyways I’ve always Loved my PlayStation consoles ever since the first one but can’t say I haven’t had my Xbox consoles too for the Halo LAN Multiplayer with friends and other Xbox consoles.

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
We are all poor over here. If we can't afford the premium board, we definitely can't afford a PS5. 🤣

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login