For some reason, trouble seems to find Hudspeth no matter where he is

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I am surprised that Gulf Shores has that type of commitment to football, that they would actually buy the families. Pretty obvious Daphne and Spanish Fort are the ones complaining, they are cutting into their Bromley pipeline I imagine.

Why is anyone shocked about this? Isn't it just the way of the world? From youth ball all the way up to college, it's all about an advantage, cutthroat. Nobody cares about development or fun, pride of your town, etc......only winning. The only two entities that (used) to have this right were the NFL and high school, and now the high schools are corrupted by private schools and now this type of recruiting in high school zones. But Hoover was doing this 25 years ago. I'm sure Brandon and Pearl do it too, just no known money trail. Hell Pearl does it in youth football, much less high school.

Seems to be just another day to me. And how are they going to do anything to a private company who is paying the rent. Sounds like a Madison County Sports Zone or whatever, not connected to any high school (legally).

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
I am surprised that Gulf Shores has that type of commitment to football, that they would actually buy the families. Pretty obvious Daphne and Spanish Fort are the ones complaining, they are cutting into their Bromley pipeline I imagine.

Why is anyone shocked about this? Isn't it just the way of the world? From youth ball all the way up to college, it's all about an advantage, cutthroat. Nobody cares about development or fun, pride of your town, etc......only winning. The only two entities that (used) to have this right were the NFL and high school, and now the high schools are corrupted by private schools and now this type of recruiting in high school zones. But Hoover was doing this 25 years ago. I'm sure Brandon and Pearl do it too, just no known money trail. Hell Pearl does it in youth football, much less high school.

Seems to be just another day to me. And how are they going to do anything to a private company who is paying the rent. Sounds like a Madison County Sports Zone or whatever, not connected to any high school (legally).
Gulf Shores has gone all in on football the past few years. They’ve hired a bunch of old college coaches and are paying them extremely well to build their program, which has never been much before. Apparently, cheating is part of the deal.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Gulf Shores has gone all in on football the past few years. They’ve hired a bunch of old college coaches and are paying them extremely well to build their program, which has never been much before. Apparently, cheating is part of the deal.
It used to be fun to say "us against you". I'm not sure when that went out the window.

But this won't ever be a big enough problem in football to matter. There's a limited number of football players, and many less games than the other sports, and takes more money to influence it. So people just accept it, because the changes are slower.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login