For the Air Raid lovers. Hollingshead out as OC at W Kentucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Ranked 52 out of 130 FBS teams. Ahead of Alabama, and way above us. Basically tied for 2nd in their conference behind Liberty. I'm pretty sure WKU hadn't been building toward Air Raid personnel for 3 years either. And the fact that they fired him for Will Friend basically cements that idea that whoever is making this decision is a dubmass.

But beyond that, pretty much every person who you label an "Air Raid lover", wasn't that at all. We simply wanted to continue what we had been building towards. And it was a better decision for Arnett, because if we had crashed and burned, he could have blamed it on them and fired them all, and no one would blink an eye. Kinda would have been proper penance to Leach as well.

But instead, we were hard-headed, lost our bowl streak, and had to reset the entire program. And not to mention, we now have a guy in Lebby who actually runs Air Raid concepts (from everything I've seen). So yeah, what in the literal 17 was Arnett doing, and why didn't we make it clear to his prideful *** that this only happened because of an unforeseen occurrence? Surely no one truly believed last year that he was "the right man for the job" or whatever that means?

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I know their offense tanked a good bit from the year before and maybe he sucked but Friend ?? That's going full retard. You never go full retard. Next year I will be paying attention

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I know their offense tanked a good bit from the year before and maybe he sucked but Friend ?? That's going full retard. You never go full retard. Next year I will be paying attention.
It's always tougher to install the Air Raid than it is to maintain after it. We just had a moron who tried to do things that weren't competent at all.

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
Ranked 52 out of 130 FBS teams. Ahead of Alabama, and way above us. Basically tied for 2nd in their conference behind Liberty. I'm pretty sure WKU hadn't been building toward Air Raid personnel for 3 years either. And the fact that they fired him for Will Friend basically cements that idea that whoever is making this decision is a dubmass.

But beyond that, pretty much every person who you label an "Air Raid lover", wasn't that at all. We simply wanted to continue what we had been building towards. And it was a better decision for Arnett, because if we had crashed and burned, he could have blamed it on them and fired them all, and no one would blink an eye. Kinda would have been proper penance to Leach as well.

But instead, we were hard-headed, lost our bowl streak, and had to reset the entire program. And not to mention, we now have a guy in Lebby who actually runs Air Raid concepts (from everything I've seen). So yeah, what in the literal 17 was Arnett doing, and why didn't we make it clear to his prideful *** that this only happened because of an unforeseen occurrence? Surely no one truly believed last year that he was "the right man for the job" or whatever that means?
Y’all are arguing over nothing. Helton calls plays at WKU. The OC there is just in title only

Reactions: StateCollege

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Ranked 52 out of 130 FBS teams. Ahead of Alabama, and way above us. Basically tied for 2nd in their conference behind Liberty.
That all sounds well and good, until you consider they were 8th in the country in yards per play in 2022, in the Air Raid, under Ben Arbuckle. They didn’t change a damn thing about the offense except the playcaller when Arbuckle got offered the Washington State OC job, and Hollinghead submarined them all the way down to #53 in the country in yards per play. And by the way, Arbuckle who did a far better job there, isn’t some sort of savant, either. He only was #72 nationally in yards per play at WSU in 2023….also without changing the offense.

In other words, Hollinghead sticking around to run the Air Raid under Arnett would have been nothing short of a complete disaster. He would have been in over his head just as much as Arnett and Barbay….and Spurrier Jr. would have been ten times worse.
I'm pretty sure WKU hadn't been building toward Air Raid personnel for 3 years either.
Wrong. See above. They’ve been doing basically nothing but Air Raid since Helton was hired. Hollinghead ran it for them this year. Last year was Ben Arbuckle, before him it was Zach Kittley.

The Friend hire is still a curious one. I have no idea what he brings to the table. But its pretty clear they weren’t happy at all with the results from DH….nor should they have been.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
The
How long are we going to go on about the Air Raid? Leach died and we’re on to our second coach who runs a different offense. Who gives a crap about the AR anymore?
The "I'm right and you are wrong" debates go on forever. For some reason people believe that the other side will admit they were wrong at some point. :)

It is funny because it just strengthens the resolve of the other side.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
The most pertinent part of this conversation is that it's WKU. Not MS. We are 2 coaches removed from Leach. And that A$$ offense won 9 games his last year so it did pretty decent. Obviously Barbay's offense/ Arnept coaching did not win 9, or 8 or even 6. We have a new coach named Lebby and I would venture to guess very few of the Leach fans give a 17 about what's going on at WKU. Lebby is gonna fix everything. In Lebby we trust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login